Because racecar?

Just seeing if anyone on here is into cars, road racing, autoX, drag racing, roll racing? If so post up your cars, nice to see if anyone on here shares the same passion as me other then processing :+1:

Fun cars:

1991 crx si-
D16y7 block
D16z6 head
Arp headstuds
SF No-notch H-beam connecting rods
YCP vitara pistons
Ferrea 5000 series valves
BC springs/retainers
Stock cam
1000cc DW injectors
Walbro 450lph pump on relay
E85
Gt3076 turbo
Tial wastegate
Tial blow off valve
Go-autoworks ram manifold
Custom backdoor intercooler
Hondata s300 w/boost by gear
Mac 4 port boost solenoid
WB wideband with Bosch 4.2
S20 trans with carbon synchros and quaife LSD
DSS 700HP 36mm axles and custom DSS hubs
Koni/ground control/eibach coilover setup
Full-race traction bar
Skunk2 adjustable upper control arms
Enkei rpf1’s
Federal 595 rs-rr
Bride low max fixed back bucket seat for driver side

Currently street tuned to 27lbs of boost :grin:

2000 Honda civic si-
Jdm b20b 2.0L short block
B16a cylinder head
Arp headstuds
B16A S40 transmission
INNOVATE wideband
Chipped p28 street tuned on HTS
Jdmspeed fullbody coilovers(9k/6k)
Drilled/slotted rotors
Kosei k1’s
(Currently building a b16 for this car and will be converting to awd with lots of boost and e85)

Oh yeah and here’s some stuff I made recently :blush:

18 Likes

Heck ya! i love doing auto crosses and spirited country drives.

Planning to get some road course time in this season.

I got a 2011 bmw 135i with a few goodies and a tune. She rips and put on my 200 tread wear tires and she wont break loose on the corners no matter how hard you push.

My numbers are 710 usually but had to switch to 701 for this group since my number was already taken.

10 Likes

Racecar is always the answer.

I love the hondas, and always wanted a CRX. Not too long ago, I had a high strung N/A B18C swapped '00 coupe that was acceptably quick.

I don’t have an actual race car presently :frowning:

But I am building an S14 hillclimb car with a blown VK56. I’ve got all of the major components, I just need the time/money to bolt it all together.

Here’s my daily driver gas pig - '08 G35S - it’s still N/A though I’m working on building a system to adapt one of the ubiquitous audi 3.0 TFSI blowers to the HR that keeps it moving along.

12 Likes

I bet that 1 series is a fun car man!

2 Likes

STI swap '03 bugeye WRX
Running light cutoff switch

She was an excellent mule. I preferred working in my 2007 Toyota Corolla, much less attention, but in poor weather the Subaru was always the answer.

Allegedly a car that looked just like this one went dark and outran OSP over the Sunset highway one snowy night many years ago

26 Likes

I gotta see some pics of the s14 build!

Here’s what it looked like when it came home for the first time. It still looks mostly the same, only fairly stripped at the moment.

Minus the KA

Here’s the heart - blown VK56, spec twin plate, CD009

Test fitting the VK (it fits!)

The brain is going to be an emtron, likely KV8.

Eventually, it’ll be AWD. Probably big aero because racecar.

12 Likes

Building up my WRX, too! 08’ hatchback. Not much done to it yet but sway bars, intake and some cosmetic mods like wrapped fog lights and wrapped side view mirrors. I’ll post some pics in a bit, I love working on it! Still on the novice end of things by far but it’s my favorite car in the world

I plan on upgrading the engine to a stage 2 IAG closed deck and get a beefier tranny - I’m going to let someone else do those two jobs but everything else I feel pretty confident doing myself although I do want to get educated enough on swapping a tranny/engine that it isn’t daunting anymore…but after I get my bb dressed up pretty.

5 Likes

Nice subaru! I absolutely hate working on those things. My wife daily’s a 2003 wrx wagon with a jdm ej20 replacement swap

8 Likes

Got a lot of smart subie people in one place. My outback with 180k on the engine is looking pretty bad. It’s worthless to sell (~2k max). Swap the engine or junk? Is there any fun to be had for a few thousand(stock replace vs finding a turbo compatible engine and making myself a wilderness). It’s a NA engine and CVT trans but fully loaded and I’m not ready to say goodbye.

1 Like

This is my 325is I raced at Targa Newfoundland a few years ago. Also race SCCA ITS and some SCCA rally stuff. Racecars are life

11 Likes

My Barbie Car donut & 11’ses machine is down right now, but I’ll see if I can find some pictures. 1984-85 Vette with a manual tossed in. Small cam, little carb work, stiffer valve springs, no sheet metal, lots of toob…it is pretty quick to let all the smoke out of the rear tires.

The mini Death Kart is in the something I made thread.

2 Likes

It would cost alot more then it would be worth to put a turbo ej20/ej25 in it especially it being an automatic. I’d slap a replacement engine in it and keep on driving it or sell it :+1:

2 Likes

Sick bimmer! I’m planning on doing scca autox on the 10th in okc :+1::+1::blush: porsche club and scca have autoX events in Oklahoma if there any other okies in here.

2 Likes

Not quite a race car but still an absolute beast
2000 7.3 f350 stock forged rods and pistons , arp head studs , billet intake plenums , gtp38r turbo , stage 3 smith bros push rods , stage 3 comp cam valve springs, billet stainless injector cups,205cc /30% over injectors , zf6 transmission with south bend clutch kit , 35” tires 4” rough country lift, 4” turbo back exhaust . Can tow anything you put behind her . Can put down up to 450 hp to the wheels and 950 ft lbs of torque . I could safely push it to 600hp with the stock forged rods and pistons but would loose ability to tow. ( that’s why I chose these injectors ). Right now she is set up to be able to tow up to 30000lbs up a steep grade with safe EGTs . Can run up to 40lbs of boost with the current turbo without shortening turbo life fuel could support close to 50 arp studs could hold 70-80lbs boost

12 Likes

i dont know if this counts… but i have my deposit down for a 3rd gen 2022 hayabusa… i use to build a bunch of turbo hondas and acuras… had 6 stolen 7x too… Once you go near 200mph on a bike… cars just feel obsolete. Cant wait to get my call that the new bike is in…

https://suzukicycles.com/sportbike/2022/hayabusa

17 Likes

I want to get a mustang with the 5.0 coyote motor . The current 1/4 mile Record for H pattern stick shift is held but a 5.0 The FASTEST Stick Shift car in the World (1900hp Mustang) - YouTube . Then I read a bunch of motortrend articles specifically 1,000-HP MPR Turbo Ford Coyote Engine and Transmission Swap Into 1994 Mustang . Can’t wait to get one !

1 Like

Not a Busa, but I feel you on two wheels brother! I’ve only had it up to ~140 and that was pretty wild!

5 Likes

I don’t know, 155 mph in a 96’ caprice classic that was previously a Michigan state police car felt pretty wild :joy:

3 Likes

5-speed Ford focus. Window tint and rims. This is my race car.

I always say that fast cars don’t make u fast. It’s about how long you’re willing to go way over the speed limit for way too long of distances that makes u get places quicker :rofl:

7 Likes