Because racecar?

Strongly considering dropping a 5.0 Coyote crate engine in my '68 Bronco… But 3-400hp would be more than plenty for her

5 Likes

No real racers here, I got a few VWs though:

2019 Jetta (daily)

69 Bus
bus013

69 choptop Beetle

19 Likes

Nothing has made me more proud then my 4 cylinder for focus with a v 6 sticker that hater’s call me out on. V6 forever

5 Likes

I love seeing this thread! I probably wouldn’t have started my own business if not for the motivation to make enough money to eventually go racing ha. Didn’t make much but the most fun I’ve ever had was being a mechanic and working on driver coaching, setups, telemetry, etc. I’d love to go back even if just to sweep floors. In order:

1. A Lola-Caterham a team/shop I worked for ran
  2. The Datsun 280 ZX my grandfather ran in IMSA, randomly seen at a vintage event
  3. Ferrari 312PB from the shop mentioned before. There’s a video on it where the owner of the car is interviewed and my dad is driving (also is in the pic): Ferrari 312PB Ends an Era With a Bang - YouTube
  4. A basic formula car we ran, forget which. It may be one of the first US Formula 4 cars which initially all had a defect where the wheels fell off within 30 minutes of running…
  5. The Hayashi my dad won Macau in - the owner was super nice, randomly reached out and wanted us to see it
  6. Finally, one of the many racing-related paintings my grandmother did - definitely my favorite

Don’t let me get going… I will not stop posting

DriversMeeting_Leitzinger_Closeup

18 Likes

Sounds like a wicked truck man! That’s gobs of TQ!!!

1 Like

You ever make it out to Pitt to go racing? I have a group of friends that wants to run my car for AER out there next year. I know you’re not far, could always come out for a day

1 Like

I had an 05 r1, same silver. Fairings let you go a lot faster. Mine did 188 indicated, probably about 180 actual.

My other toy had 4 wheels, 92 dodge stealth twin turbo. Fun while it lasted. She still sits in pieces. No one near me can work on 90s turbo cars. Plus, everything is fast these days. 300 hp used to mean something.

3 Likes

That 280 is soooo sick. I have a 70-76 240/260/280 mashed together track car project

7 Likes

just ordered a supercharger kit and port injection and a bunch of other stuff for the camaro .
I’ve owned 14 dsm’s

9 Likes

Race car I love race car! Last Pic of the track day just for fun.

7 Likes

68 Camaro
LSA TR6060 swapped on e85 putting down 850 to the tire.

00F0F_lTQcrOUeBOI_600x450

18 Likes

That camaros super clean I’d offer to run them but that looks like your in a much nicer weather state than I am!
Edit: may we see under the hood? I bet it’s clean under there too.

1 Like

Only if you show your wife’s tits
You never ask to pop the hood, you have to wait for the offer

2 Likes

It’s a clusterfuck right now, I’m working on aero mods to get rid of the front end lift. I don’t drag race much anymore, but it went 9.8 at famosa (awesome DA) with the same engine, but a 4l80 trans.

1 Like

Pfft screw that I’ll ask politely idk maybe we don’t have the same scene the only ones around here with that attitude are the 10,000 leased hellcats and corvette owners.

1 Like

That’s sweet tho man nothing like fast and clean in a old school muscle car. Takes a lot to keep it that nice

It’s not that nice, it’s a fun driver, so it’s got some paint chips and other small issues, but thanks to the previous owner the body is pretty damn straight. The engine isn’t in it at the moment, spun a cam bearing, so it’s at the machine shop. I’ll get an underwood when it’s back. Interior shot to hold you over, obviously it has a different shifter now.

1968-Camaro-Pro-Touring-Ridetech-LS-6.0-LQ9LS3-5

7 Likes

Ya, looks pretty beat up, should probably just let me take it off your hands

I’ll trade you a BTC

7 Likes

Much appreciated that Foxbody I posted has split 5-6 blocks down the middle so I feel ya on that engine is out atm let me see if I can find a pic.

1 Like

Anyone here a fan of Pontiac?