@beaker award

It s pretty for sure
But it takes a bit of the originality of a @Beaker original but that’s yust me
An original is as is prefurably with fingerprints and some dried out thc stains

3 Likes

I thought it was oxidation due to low ph. I thought high ph causes purple. Or the other way around.

Hey, I have approx. (12 ) 125mm watch Glasses from John’s lab. If the team here agrees they might lend themselves to become awards, if they can be etched? Thoughts?

7 Likes

@Roguelab , im new in the forum… But i want to Say thank you to you… really brilliant conversation!

2 Likes

Keeping nomination list going, with corrections. Ordered alphabetically.

@Apothecary36 for the pentane teks
@anon42519203 for the hot condenser and wide board tech
@cyclopath for the ethanol white papers
@downtheterphole for inspiring FFE designs
@Dred_pirate early crc pioneer
@ExtractNinja - trueterpenes exposure thread.
@hambread aka old gold
@otscc for diamonds
@Photon_noir water clear distillate, spinner tech
@Shadownaught original PR tech gurus
@SkyHighLer for his lifetime achievements in the gas game
@Soxhlet for the crc tech
@anon56994712. starting the bho scam thread
@Waxplug1 early water clear

15 Likes

I personally think @Soxhlet should be up there not only for CRC Tek but being the best “big brother/leader” the site has seen

@Otscc for diamonds

@Future for bringing us together/forum/glg

@beaker for lifetime achievement here

@SkyHighLer for mystery oil research

Insert disty King here. I don’t have enough knowledge on the subject to nominate a person for this

If there was a member of the year it would go to @Killa12345. For going above and beyond what the word “vendor” ever could mean. And the countless hrs he’s helped every customer and member here with all the great knowledge beyond making a buck. I think everyone here has referred to him as fam by now from so much help and chatting :facepunch::green_heart:

9 Likes

Thank You for removing my username from the list. ^¦^

3 Likes

truly humble

Personally this site blows me away everyday, I think just about all the regulars have a reason they deserve to be up there by at least a member or 2 backing it up @GroovyOctopusLabs :facepunch::green_heart:

I think that’s truly wonderful, what a fam

5 Likes

I love how my credit is essentially for “being me.”

12 Likes

gotta be truly legendary to pull that off I hear. Wish I have the chance to know u my man ,
:green_heart::facepunch:

3 Likes

For. Those that are nominated I find we have to be tough
Nominee @Apothecary36 has opened the door a jar
On pentane steam distillation for terps
But has not posted a method in full
Not given any parameters or equipment used ( it can still be done :wink:)
I also think that nominee @Shadownaught has a benefit from sharing tech and therefor I do not consider his achievements compliant with the essence of this award
@downtheterphole has contributed
Emensly to this forum but no tech can be specifically appointed to him
@Waxplug1 this is a complicated nominee for it started with riddles but it made us come closer work along better and kept us eager so yes his contribution deserves a nomination

6 Likes

This is the main reason I recomend
2 awards

I personaly would like the @Beaker award for ground breaking tech
Given for free

The @SkyHighLer award for safety and alaround appreciation

7 Likes

Do not forget @Photon_noir
His degumming tech is gold

3 Likes

A lot of us owe you a wealth of gratitude for being one of the first pioneers to offer free information to those who needed it. I know I wouldn’t be where I am without you.

8 Likes

Thats why i said it too…i wouldnt be able to share the knowledge i have if not for the knowledge i gained off you @hambread in the early days… Im just regurgitating what was said before me…

Thats why my list included a lot of early open source OGs.

When i got here…honestly i came for the alcohol extraction knowledge as i thought hydrocarbon extraction was going extinct. I had all that down but i felt like a newb because i had to learn a whole other set of extraction which required more chemistry. As ive admitted plenty in the past, im a neanderthal monkey that can pull levers and shit but chemistry was beyond my comprehension.

To find out…hydrocarbon is awell and alive and more people seem to wanna play hydrocarbon cowboy then almost anything these days…

Im just happy i can help new members and people to extraction not make the same mistakes and pitfalls i ran into when i started. i love hearing stories of clients that say they are in new job positions and can pay their bills due to stuff i have helped them with. You have no clue how it makes you feel when you help a person go from nearly homeless a year ago to being able to donate large sums of money to his community cause shit has turned around so much. I hear success stories like this weekly. The money is really good but the feeling i get from hearing the success stories in another level of satisfaction in itself.

Honestly at the GLG it was overwhelming the amount of people that came up to me and thanked me for the shit it do. Really i didnt know how to act or what to say. Im just being me. I really appreciate you all. I always say i dont take this for granted cause i dont. I drop the ball more than most but im only human trying to do the best i can by all of you.

With christmas a few days away…i wish everyone a merry christmas and happy holidays. wish i can invite you all here and do something for all of you!

17 Likes

To be clear guys, I am excluding myself from this award.

8 Likes

Shadow made huge contributions to PR research and degumming

Along with @future and @Photon_noir

Not sure how you wouldnt consider him when hes done more for everyday cannabis with the PR and degumming than anyone you listed

You cant include @Photon_noir without including @Shadownaught

4 Likes

Some of the best researchers are really just organized regurgitators! For every great quote, there is probably someone who said it better, first… (Why, yes - this is a butchered quote by an author I can’t remember.)

And I owe a wealth of gratitude to the countless people that opened the doors of these discussions with me! It’s fully mutual. I’m always learning. Thank you.

10 Likes

What would you estimate the distance between the bottom of the sample flask and the cold finger on beakers sublimator is?

I would also add that @Photon_noir wrote way more of that ethanol white paper than I did…

I mostly read & regurgitate. Or try dumb shit and let y’all know it was stupid.

This place brings me joy & that is more than enough for me.

9 Likes