@beaker award

I feel like one of the coolest things about beaker was how he just worked for personal use and never made much money from it. I almost feel like maybe the recepient of beaker award should be someone who has made significant discoveries as a hobbyist. I don’t know who i would suggest at this point

15 Likes

Most of the hobbyists on here are not very vocal. I can only think of myself and @Killa12345 who are hobbyists and neither of us have discovered anything of note.

I think this criteria probably narrows the scope a bit too much.

Edit: oh and @GroovyOctopusLabs

7 Likes

This is one of the reasons I have the highest respect for @SkyHighLer as well. Bless that man’s heart and soul!

@SkyHighLer definitely deserves the award, maybe not for this year, but for lifetime achievements.

On that note, it took me almost 3 years to see any kind of “profit” from extraction (aka paying any of my bills with it hahaha). I was much more active on the forums back then. I need to balance my hobbyist vs business interests better.

12 Likes

I would say the same…@skyhighler for his lifetime achievements in the gas game. Honestly, i used his gas review page as religion buying gas in the beginning.

There are sooo many other i can say too that might not be here but other places as well. @hambread aka old gold… greywolf, krunchbubble… a bunch of old icmag cats really deserve to be recognized for the ground game laid for this sector. Roji come on guys!

The person that sticks out the most here was @ExtractNinja That dude toook a lot of shit for exposing @TrueTerpenes. HE was extremely against the grain…much like beaker was.

You can also put @Waxplug1, @Dred_pirate, @Soxhlet for the early CRC work

@anon42519203 for the hot condenser tech!

@Otscc for the diamond tech…that guy probably deserves it too…for real His teck is the gift that keeps giving.

@future for the place we all call home.

hope i didnt leave anyone out! :wink:

Lets not forget one dude that probably helped out a good majority of people even if it wasnt directly!!! I think the man Bret Maverick needs some recognition… i cant tell you how many gems i use to today from that guy!

28 Likes

I was thinking of a brass plaque on a wooden backer, but I can engrave glass.What I do is cut masking with my plotter and sand blast it. I’ll share the art I have been working on when I am done and toss that out there as an idea.

5 Likes

What about @anon56994712. If it wasnt for him starting the bho scam thread we wouldnt be here quite yet. It wouldve been figured out eventually but many of us wouldnt be in positions we are now if it happened later or elsewhere

15 Likes

@downtheterphole for inspiring FFE designs

8 Likes

I second Bret maverick!

Also second skyhighler!

3 Likes

:joy::joy: damn so many rightful nominees
Guess the awards will be shards of @Beaker originals glass :joy:

9 Likes

So damn true. If he didn’t get ripped off. So, oh so many, of us wouldn’t be where we are.

6 Likes

Be cool if the award was a cool shiny Beaker it self, which is in the general shape of a Stanley cup and would have great surface area for continual recipients names or whatever

3 Likes

My recommendation is to keep nominees within the future 4200 community
It becomes a real swamp if we go outside of the box on this
People like Neville ,Ben donkers even the politicians that legalized are hero s
In my opinion
If we stick to this community all info of nominees can be found right here
I know we owe many some thank you
But I suggest we leave that to the
Jimmy Hoffa of our union if it ever get s to that

7 Likes

Still think this yields a hte and should be explored.

Can we get a hundred votes 1%

@Photon_noir has my vote. As far as I remember, he was the first person live streaming and answering numerous questions. It is always nice seeing a friendly face and hearing an assuring voice. Reminds me of the late great Beaker live streams that followed.

6 Likes

Also i think the award should be structured like the nobels. As in you don’t win just because your a great guy, or for lifetime achievement, you win “for” a specific discovery. If that’s the case I would nominate @soxhlet for publishing first data on CRC technique. I have never seen an advance get diffused so rapidly and generate so much work and attention.

4 Likes

This is what I came up with it is just the logo for the award plaque, there can be text and even recipiant names engraved. @cxojinu you got any cool art?

13 Likes

If that’s the case then I nominate all the original PR tech gurus who worked together to come up with the original PR tech

@Future @Shadownaught @Photon_noir

7 Likes

he had a very unique way of posting information in such a kind humble way, the forums had a different vibe when he was around. He will be missed!

3 Likes

@Apothecary36 for the pentane teks hes tossing out. Even if he says it’s only mostly theoretical.

3 Likes