Back up in the condensing coil

Today during processing notice my pump pressure gauge climbing isolated each chamber of the system to inspect what going on, and notice a back up in the condensing coil? Any idea what could of caused this maybe to refrain from being this event again… changing the sieve to first thing before next run , I change the sieve weekly . Just kind of thrown in a loop… we will see tomorrow what up

Iced up coil. I flush coil could with nitrogen in between injections, and refresh mol sieve beads regularly to make damn sure this doesn’t happen.

6 Likes

Yeah, more than likely moisture in the coil. It could be from a leak if you change your mol sieve weekly. Could also be sieve beads depending on how your mol sieve is set up.

3 Likes

I just got these coils too so it got me wondering….

@WhereAreTheStones & @TwistedStill are both on point; chances are the problem is ice.

Assuming you’ve got your coil below 0C and after the pump.

That could be water you’ve extracted from your biomass, or it could be a leak on the input side of your pump pulling atmosphere (and thus water) in.

You can (and should) test that second hypothesis…

3 Likes

I defiantly will … I seriously appreciate everyone helping me trouble shoot I’m really hope it not a leak …

3 Likes

I was talking about a leak at one of the connections, not the coil itself. That would be no bueno.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go through everything top to bottom

@WhereAreTheStones is proposing a leak on the input side of your pump.

A leak on the output side or the coil itself would not give the symptoms described (expectation would be LOWER rather than the HIGHER pressure observed).

Just shut the input your pump is sucking from, and the output from the coil. Then turn the pump on.

If pressure continues to build on the output side, you’re pulling in atmosphere.

Turn the pump off. If the pressure goes DOWN, then you (also?) have a leak in or near your coil.

4 Likes