B80 bleaching powder

I’m doing this today with b80 and etho crude. Going to dilute in pentane and run through the crc. Will report back with results

4 Likes

No… I just gave the company that I use for my extraction equipment the money and the ordered me a pallet. Was just told this stuff is pretty good

1 Like

Yup!!! Going to run an in-line from biomass you crude recirculating set up I designed and use that Vulcan CLS set up as my filtering columns… all in line. Then from there to my FFE

1 Like

Please show the results. I’m actively working on etho crc as well. Going to cut up ethanol crude 5-6 different ways and figure out this crc

1 Like

I was wondering what it’s effects were on running pre-EToH evaporation. No pentane being used, just from the initial biomass run while still in full EToH.

Guess I’ll find out this week lol

1 Like

Been following this for advice as well.

3 Likes

With using more of it (maybe multiple columns like myself, in theory, the B80 should do quite well.

Not looking for CRC with it, but being able to run it the way I’m planning and have a cleaner looking crude would be a huge vantage point

2 Likes

I can get a pallet for 1200$ bc I can go pick it up myself, he isn’t that far at all That’s 40 bags @ $30 each
Seems shipping is like another 1500-2000$ if you can’t pick it up

I’d get it and try to sell it but he already sells it on eBay for $35+shipping which is about $50 bag basically shipped and all

1 Like

So to report back. After running about 50g of crude in 1.5 gallons of ethanol through a crc of silica, t5 and of course celite, it did very little to nothing. I will never be attempting this again.

I’m trying to get a white/ clear extract in the end as similar to butane as possible…

Currently we do a carbon scrub when going to distillate and this has helped more than anything else when looking for improvement of the color. It also strips terps, which I don’t care about with disty obviously.

Tomorrow’s project is to take some of the crude and dilute with pentane and run through the exact crc process. Will be reporting back with how that goes as well.

3 Likes

Im wondering if fully saturating/diluting ur heptane/oil with b80 so that its a wet powder and dry packing that ontop of some fresh b80, then run fresh heptane thru the column to flush it out.

3 Likes

That’s not a terrible idea… if my b80 is in tomorrow I’ll give this a shot.

1 Like

I know this is another powder, (but ive been told b80 performs similar to t5) i recently did 1kg of crude in 2L of heptane ran thru a 6" column of 500g of T5 and i want to say it only really helped the color on the first 150g of it, i took multiple fractions and color started to show up at about the 100g mark, after rotovaping and adding all the non colored fractions. I think perhaps we need 5g of powder for wvery 1g of oil we are trying to clean up. Probably overkill though…

3 Likes

My general practice with b80 is 1 cup to 1lb of biomass when going for a light yellow, and 1.5 cups per 1lb of biomass when going for damn near white.

I don’t know how much a cup weighs… so I’ll get some better numbers and everything written down tomorrow. I’m only working with a small amount of crude currently. Just trying to prove the concept, then swing things into production.

I plan to try hot jar tek with my pentane crc tomorrow to see if it instant crashes the same way butane does… if so, game changer.

1 Like

There’s so many caveats running CRC (packing, amounts, diameter and length of column, media).

Water clear is cool looking, fun to play with and is cool for :+1:t3: On IG, but how long till this “fad” wears off? I’m happy to produce to clients a clean, reliable, stable product.

Now… That being said…

I believe the tek does serve a purpose past “looks”. Like when you get that person that tells you their trim is good and you run it and it has more shit in it then a porta shitter at a Skynard concert.

I’m just looking to clean up my ethanol laden cannabinoids pre evaporation.

1 Like

What about taking a jacketed column, vac it down after packing, heating the media up in the column instead of the pentane saturated crude, and running it that way?

Like making a nice warming blanket for all the shit to wanna cuddle up with the media and stay a bit longer :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

2 Likes

im going to be running the EToH pre-evaporation by the end of the week through filters to see end product after FFE.

I got that hemp expo here in Michigan this weekend and the prep for that is chewing up all my time

2 Likes

I’m trying to make a dabable product and also trying to get a clean enough oil to toss this into carts direct… I’m honestly not huge of the white color, I’m just trying to get to white, so I can account for the extract darkening a little in the decarb process…

Also if I can force crystallization via the crc. It opens up a lot of avenues production wise.

4 Likes

You need to use a hydrocarbon. Pentane should work

2 Likes

Works like a fucking dream

2 Likes

Before and after pics?

2 Likes