Azulene or something else?

Has anyone ever actually tested the blue fraction before thc or has all the “assumptions” been based off a theory?

Simply put Azulene’s boiling point is 85 degrees C higher than THC - IF it does why would it distill before the cannabinoid fraction?

4 Likes

Does this account for BP at specific pressure?

I tested the blue fraction off a WFE, no actual azulene, chroma looked like a hodgepodge of isomers.

3 Likes

Do you still have access to this? I’d like to compare with something and so happen to like seeing messy hodgepodges of isomers

2 Likes

Lemme see if I can dig it up.

Easier than I expected to find, lol.

Here’s the azulene standard:

9 Likes

Numbers discussed are based on atmospheric. Id assume their still be a relatively large boiling point differential with increased or decreased pressure

1 Like

Lab should get standards for alpha, beta, and delta Selinene because I’m pretty sure those sesquiterpenes are wrong. Either that or you made one of the most unusual compositions I’ve ever seen lol what was this originally?

It was supercritical CO2 oil ran through a WFE, this was the fraction collected off the external condenser on first pass.

The lab is extremely reputable but I don’t know anything beyond that.

1 Like

Im no testing expert but most those terpenes are within a 20 degree boiling point difference. with the higher bp compounds being relatively close to THCs… May i ask what makes it an unusual composition?

2 Likes

The levels of valencene and nerolidol. Pretty sure everyone is mixing up nerolidol 1 and 2 with a totally different terpene

2 Likes

What makes you think there’s a mix up?

I tried messaging u last night u still on signal

1 Like

Long story short is everyone is messing up on everything after pretty much humulene.

Edit PM me because it won’t let me PM you. I’ll show you

2 Likes

I got a new phone and for some reason signal is goofy on it.

2 Likes

So u know how its done

dunno where you’re getting that…the all knowing one suggests
BP of THC at atmosphere is 425C
BP of Azulene at atmosphere is 242C

numbers above certainly are…

Can you cite your sources please?

2 Likes

Is this chart accurate at all ots saying that the lower your micron levels the lower the boiling point of thc is. Are the boiling points accurate to the micron levels?

1 Like

Search boiling point of thc not BP. It’ll give you a bunch of blood pressure and thc results if you search BP of thc *

1 Like

Fair enough. Fixed.

I only looked at the azulene link before posting (doh!!)

However, just because the link posted doesn’t hit, doesn’t change the 425C bp for THC at atmosphere.

Edit: and Boiling point THC - Google Search actually gives the WRONG answer…

https://www.google.com/search?q=boiling+point+thc+at+atmospheric+pressure

@Graywolf that chart look right to you?

It gives the same 157C BP for THC as this chart which has Russo’s name on it. https://www.projectcbd.org/sites/projectcbd/files/downloads/cannabinoid-boiling-points-thc-cbd.pdf

If THC boils at 157C at atmosphere WTF does @spdking even exist?!?

3 Likes