Automated irrigation build

Got this in tonight, looks like I need to run into town tomorrow and get some plumbing supplies.

7 Likes

So what do you guys recommend for a pump? I want a separate res for each zone, so I’m going to need 3 pumps. I was planning on the mondi, I have one on hand but if it’s not going to work I’ll order 3 of something that will.
I have 3 zones but each are only a 5x8 table, I know sounds like over kill but one is my veg room and other two in the flower room and I want to be able to run different nutes/ straight water whenever I want.

3 Likes

Very clean set up. I’m jealous

4 Likes

Thanks I’ve been putting some hours down there the last 2 months, finally almost done. Here’s day 9.

2 Likes

We used wood for our base but I’d consider looking into v tracks on the floor and v casters, we originally had big casters heavy enough for the tables without a problem and had 21’ long and 42” wide with now 18 plants on a table and the table was much more difficult to move then with the track and v casters keeping it in line. Just my personal experience :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Leader pumps work great with valves and an aqua x from trolmaster :ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

What ones do you use? I can’t seem to find any info on the submersible ones on the psi, or if I would need to go with an ecojet.

I run Jacks 321, silica, AGT50, and microbes lol. Such a sweet blend. As far as your irrigation, Been using the orbit B-hyves for a while now. I just build the stuff from parts from home depot. looks like u got it figured out tho.

5 Likes

Oh I just use shitty harbor freight pumps. Submersibles in garages and 1hp sprinkler pumps in greenhouses. Both last over a year, and the price is right…bitch.

7 Likes

Danner, and leader are my go to pumps.
Danner for submersible.
Leader for inline plumbed
Alot depends on gph

6 Likes

Danner are great and Wayne make a killer inline irrigation pump. I think they go to 1 hp. We had 200 4 gph drippers running with one pump no problem. Also look into t strainers for anyone running drippers. Banjo brand is great right off the Amazon. Removable ss filters to clean. Yes t strainer/filter
to much to find links.

2 Likes

My gph would be about 15gph per zone but with the netafim emitters they need a minimum of 10 psi to open, all these submersible pumps only show the gph and none of them the psi. I might need to hook one up with a gauge and see what I get.

2 Likes

What kind of wall paneling is that?? Cant tell if it’s hard plastic or metal but it looks clean I need some

This is it, I thought pricing was reasonable, I think the panels were 2.05$ a sq ft plus the trim.

1 Like

Those Mondi pumps run @ 750w.
You can convert Head Height to PSI if it lists that info.

1 Like

I got it connected and I get 13psi. The emitters only operate at 10psi and up. I ordered 2 leader pumps, the mondi might work until they get here.

1 Like

I ordered two ecosub leader pumps. They put out 35 psi, should be perfect.
Starting to put some together.

6 Likes

30ft max head is 12.99psi

1 Like

Mondi Pump is 11.69 psi.
Should still fit your drippers psi requirement.

I had problems with my Trolmaster pH/EC meter, I think it was the sensor board because I tried different pH probes. Hopefully, you have better luck.

1 Like

I use the drummonds from harbor freight as well.

Ive used the eco plus inline but it was at a rec spot and they pricey. Depends on the type of res you have but if you have a port for pvc connections(or make your own) you can use 1 pump for all three. Excuse my elementary drawing skills

2 Likes