Automated irrigation build

Looks very similar to the netafim emitters I have.

4 Likes

At .3 gph your pump will run longer, and under more pressure. The redundancy will keep it alive if one cloges. I’ve had to many clogs over the years I said fuck it and run a low pressure high volume system now.

5 Likes

I got the 5x8 setup today under the ceramic hps. Trolmaster gear is on the way and next week I’m setting up irrigation.
Table isn’t as full as I wanted but I can’t wait any longer or they will get to tall. Next time I’m putting 6 more plants.

9 Likes

Saw that once yrs ago out here, dude had a 12 lighter and the door opened and stayed open til he woke up

7 Likes

That’s what is in front of the garage so no one would see it lol.

11 Likes

Well that’s better than the other guy, luckily the whole neighborhood was growers and i was across the street from him.

6 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

So I seen this today, basically it’s sensors like aroya sell but you can setup your system to automatically irrigate according to the crop steering you are doing. What I understand is the sensors monitor your moisture and ec and automatically irrigate according to that, I’m going to call them tomorrow but if that’s the case I’ll be pre ordering. https://cropsteering.growlink.com/

6 Likes

Got my flower room done, next week irrigation will be tackled.

17 Likes

damn thats sexy! Nice @Medicine.grower you are going to slay it

5 Likes

Very nice build. Great job.

2 Likes

the PNW? looks like my island… love the pic

1 Like

Nope nova scotia, east coast Canada.

3 Likes

Also rainbird valves, strainers, and regulators are super cheap and available at every big box store in the country.
20$ or less per valve beats like 50$ from netafim.

craftarmer has a crazy markup but he adds a ton of value to the kits if you dont want to research all the parts.

my other advice would be to learn how to glue slip joints together. all the slip fittings are WAY cheaper than the threaded stuff. also threaded plastic connections LOVE to leak, and when you twist it in too far they strip out.
little primer, little glue, hold the joint, boom.

edit for links
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-3-4-in-FPT-In-Line-Valve-CP075/202078357 16$
Netafim Nylon Control Valve, 3/4-in, 24 VAC - Grow Irrigation $45
https://floraflex.com/default/nylon-valve-2-0?gclid=Cj0KCQjwh_eFBhDZARIsALHjIKecvrOX7dvCRNebnJFgxeCJ1vW0yTC3Dvz5ZkfQSQ06WqOsQHYIJpAaAnLAEALw_wcB $45
(floraflex has a MASSIVE green tax, they let you know how much extra you are spending because everything is green, right???)
i would rather have 2 cheap ones than one expensive one, all valves fail eventually.

4 Likes

I just ordered the netafim emitters, valves, filters and also the pressure reducers, I got them wholesale pricing so I can’t complain on that, I’m going to source all the rest of the plumbing parts locally. Some parts you have no choice but to pay out for but the raw plumbing parts is enough to get.

2 Likes

You can call netafim and they will build out your invoice/irrigation (identical to craftfarmers for free 99.) In fact all parts are listed on craftfarmers site and you could just read off the list over the phone with them for a 80% reduction. My dumbass put a 10gpm pressure regulator on 10gpm emitters and they actually called me to correct before sending it out.

Netafims prices are more than comparable, you are linking a plastic rainbird valve when these companies are using nylon. Quality goes a long way imo i pay the tax on emitters/drippers all day not to have to replace/worry for clogs. I paid about 300 to irrigate 2 6 lighters. His tent irrigation kit is 510 bucks and i have literally 300x more emitters. 750 feet more feet of line… Yea sorry i could never just secede to supporting that bull shit mark up :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

For a 700% markup you to can burn your plants! The timing was to good not to repost :joy:. I forgot how fucked half his flower rooms look

4 Likes

Im allergic to retail also

8 Likes

I agree with you guys about the markup, but what I’ve read I heard good things about the yellow mondi pumps, I’m running 2x 5x8 tables and 1 4x8.
I guess I should of spent the extra 120$ to get the Leader pump.

1 Like

Good point about the nylon vs plastic, im into quality but there is a limit to how much markup i will pay.
should a large portion my valves fail i will switch to the more expensive ones, i have 120 running right now.
Love the netafim emitters, whips, etc, but i also just waited 4 months on an order that is still not showing up. Netafim is fucked for logistics this year and plants need water every day right?

growing weed is about figuring out elegant and efficient solutions to problems, thats the beauty of everyone having different methods. the key is to not let your $$$ take you for the wrong ride.

Im into most of what craftfarmer talks about but just like the MANGO his moves more recently are to monetize his presence instead of just offering up knowledge.

6 Likes