Automated Hydrocarbon Equipment: worth it or no?

Nah, thats open blasting.

Too cheap to add second condenser?

Maybe use that second egg timer to rotate it rather than bypass it so you don’t lose so much solvent/ so many basement labs

2 Likes

if I introduce a third egg timer, it will break 50% more frequently. This is a hard thing to weigh against the spin-the-wheel-of-self-immolation for an engineer

1 Like

Edited to work with that constraint :rofl:

2 Likes

Genius!

1 Like

No one in the hydrocarbon category?

Can confirm! +1

1 Like

Where can I read about this new pinnacle extractor?

Murphy Murray is patting herself on the back about it on IG

Hope it’s as good as she hopes it will be. I don’t know how much design experience in her background much less automation and plc/software programming.

Wish her and her baby daddy’s company the best.

2 Likes

pew pew…pew pew…

Gotta always love @anon16547145 never holds his tongue. definitely appreciate that about u!

3 Likes

Thank you @anon16547145.

F42k has been entertaining tonight…

1 Like

We will have an automated version and manual version available! #trapaway

Thanks for the comment Sean.

As you know, we also have over 200 combined years of stainless engineering and fabrication along with system integration and controls within our shop.

We will release a solid machine and I’d love to run ya by it when we meet again :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s a great question. I can’t speak for other companies but we handle everything in-house besides building the UL Hazardous-Location panels.

We are also in our final stages of our ASME U and UM vessel certs.

I believe building everything in house provides a level of quality control and pride associated with the craftsmanship of building a process skid.

2 Likes

I love the combined experience thing, almost sounds like actual years of experience. Great marketing!!!

I’d love to see you if they ever have trade shows again. I’ll buy you a beer at the next one in 2022

1 Like

Just to clear up some confusion, we will be offering a non-automated manual version along with the automated version.

I believe there is also confusion is what automated means. While going fully automated is a luxury generally reserved for large industrial processes, utilizing automated valves along with a HMI user interface allows the operator to manual run the machine from one interface. “Touch Screen Operated” is where a small scaled operators will benefit from automation.

Any questions feel free to reach out to us or Murphy on the system.

Thanks guys

1 Like

With all of your shop experience, I’d figure a little more professionalism would show itself.

While you may for a long standing shop, I’m confident we can design, create and deliver on par with any shop, including your bosses.

Looking forward to that beer,

Cheers

3 Likes

Are you guys doing pressure vessels in house?

Someone asked me yesterday what hydrocarbon companies made all their equipment in house and I couldn’t think of one. Just delta. Would be cool to know of a company that isn’t just assembling and welding racks.

But those ASME certs for a shop aren’t cheap.

2 Likes

I asked you that. Haha.

2 Likes

I don’t know where my name has ever been synonymous with professionalism.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Iron fist does more than just racks…

1 Like