Automated Hydrocarbon Equipment: worth it or no?

This will be the thing that finally incites robot revolution. These working conditions are inhuman

4 Likes

Most of these equipment builders arenā€™t even equipment builders

1 Like

Just assembly men?

May be reading this wrongā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not. Iā€™m an equipment seller and dream fulfiller. :thinking::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

There isnā€™t going to be a mjbizcon this year. I have missed out on so many frequent flyer miles because of this COVID shit. We had 22 trade shows booked for 2020. Made it to 4 before March.

Trade shows wonā€™t be up and popping again until concerts and Iā€™ve read many accounts of that being summer 2022.

1 Like

Most if not all but one or 2 extraction equipment companies have other people build there pressure vessels if not entire sysytems. Most of this is done in Chiiiiiina.

1 Like

As someone who formerly produced ā€œpilotā€ scale equipment, the reality is that the market is rapidly closing for anything between that 5lb CLS and custom factory scale installations. Iā€™m happy we got done when we did.

The idea that industrial equipment is built and stocked ā€œturn keyā€ I find amazingly anamolous to this industry. I honestly love right now the flood of competitive import options (and domestic) that are all basically knockoffs of the same designs but it canā€™t possibly last. Why would GM set up to build the same assembly line as Ford?

3 Likes

Ironfist?

They ā€œappearā€ to be one of the only ones who make everything IH

1 Like

Also, as a div 1-3 pressure vessel manufacturer, Iā€™d say that thereā€™s a reason thereā€™s only some 20-something Div 3 code shops. Not everyone needs to build their whole system soup-to-nuts. If you canā€™t get your skid welds right, please donā€™t try to make your own vessels lol. BUT, if you go to Quintus or Autoclave and ask them to design your shit for you, you donā€™t understand how engineering these systems work. A real mfg should do all their own design work (or with well vetted subs) and select the correct suppliers to build the system. This is not how cannabis does things

3 Likes

Carl does not have an ASME cert at his shop and therefore is unable to manufacture certified pressure vessels.

He purchases them from a variety of different manufacturers. Most companies that claim made in USA do this. It is very expensive to maintain ASME certs and is not economically feasible for most Canna equip mfgs.

Carl welds racks.

2 Likes

This is our philosophy at Mach.

In-house or GTFO

1 Like

Many a good business has died by that mantra but almost everything great that was ever built was made with it. Itā€™s something I feel so strongly about Iā€™d almost say itā€™s a personal flaw. But then you see something like a Frank Lloyd Wright house and know if you really want something perfect, you need control of every aspect

3 Likes

Fricking Robots

Itā€™s worked for them for 3 generations of family owners over 87 years. Anything they do they end up doing better than anyone else. Part of why I joined the team.

1 Like

Keep growing that legacy

1 Like

Maybe this has become a

ā€œHow cheap can we build an automated 5lb machine for?ā€

1 Like

Appreciate you getting me the correct info!

What extraction equipment companies do make everything IH?

Or maybe it has turned into a

ā€œIs it even automated if it doesnā€™t have a robot arm?ā€

Thread

Thatā€™s a good question.

I think Delta does.

build soxhlet with two egg timers: one to let the solvent in the bottom and another to bypass the condenser at the top. Only costs one runā€™s worth of solvent per batch

2 Likes