Autoflower Hanging Baskets as a side hustle

Every man and woman in Michigan can have 12 cannabis plants. I deal with a lot of older folks who love to garden. I recently started offering autoflowers in 1/2 gallon of highly enriched potting soil for $50.

My employee who took over managing the farm I used to run needs another side hustle. He’s going to start selling these hanging baskets at the flea market and he said “It just FEELS illegal”. LOL. Customers get a couple zips and we laugh all the way to the bank.

Thoughts?

10 Likes

Not legal advice. The 50 is for the pot and soil, the auto flower is FREE. The receipt should state that as well.

11 Likes

“$50 donation for time invested”

5 Likes

This is a little less safe. i would stick with basket and soil being $50. plant is just a free weed.

7 Likes

I know they were floating around passing a law saying that the hats 200, the zip is free wasn’t allowed but it didn’t pass.

3 Likes

Did the bureacrats even bother with how fancy the hat was?

4 Likes

I think this is a fantastic idea! I hope you sell so many that you need me to grow them for you!

4 Likes

Ya your not their caregiver. You can gift plants till cows come home as long as not more then 12 at a time , no law against selling pots and soil

5 Likes

Just can’t be a maga hat lol

4 Likes

What about being locked and out of sight or is that just a medical/caregiver thing?

2 Likes

Controlled release formula beads + autoflower seed in a gel encasement + soil in pot = grow your own kit
All u gotta do is soak the pot in water for 4 hours, wait till the seed pops and water it.
Completely legal to sell cuz rhe seed isnt germinated yet

5 Likes

Good point. I know caregiver med like that, outdoor plants need to be fenced, not sure of plants in motion

3 Likes

I don’t make it a habit to speak with the po-lice, but I had a police chief that shopped at my hydro store for his veggie garden. Salt of the earth dude who knew there were units somewhere on the premises. They were more concerned about open firearms not locked up and kids having access to weed. He cared more about keeping kids safe, busting wife beaters and meth heads.

3 Likes

(f) cultivating marihuana plants if the plants are visible from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft, or other optical aids or outside of an enclosed area equipped with locks or other functioning security devices that restrict access to the area;

I wasn’t really worried about you. Just the old lady gardener who might pick up a hanging basket.

I guess if the people buying know what they are getting into then shouldn’t be a problem.

4 Likes

Sell Freakshow baskets, call them Marigolds…

10 Likes

We had a bad time with Freakshow. They finish at Halloween. Right @Demontrich ?

4 Likes

Ahh, that’s right, I remember. You could always plant a rosemary clone in the center of the basket, then sell them as Herb baskets.

I just found a killer deal on these baskets. Mary’s greenhouse in McMinnville TN is going out of business…Sad.

2 Likes

Hmmm, honestly I dont remember. I harvested freakshow last run. My wife just finished smoking the buds from both phenos. It’s a great plant to look at, smelled great, i only had 2 that made it to chop. Its unfair for me to praise or dis the strain only having 2 phenos to pick from.

3 Likes

I need a better pheno. The three I had were nothing special imo. I’d like to try that supa freak…

4 Likes

Um, I am a superfreak!
Lol

3 Likes