Ascent carts

Hey I’m currently filling a bunch of ascent carts and see a bunch of brown specs on the ceramic coils that is not normal is it? Or is that what they consider dirty carts?

Pictures make it easier to identify.

1 Like

beat me to it

2 Likes

Did you use compressed air to blow them out?

didn’t notice any of that before filing? are these the glue ones?

Did you make sure to check “no flavor particles please” when you were checking out?

3 Likes

No I didn’t notice any of it some carts are clean some have that oil spec in it not sure if they’re the glue ones or not

I go through about 2-3k a week and haven’t seen anything like that. How old are they? You sure that was in the carts before you filled? That looks like burnt distillate streaks that come from the top of a mag mixer hot plate. sometimes I get what looks like that if I heat my syringe on the top of my hot plate and smear burnt distillate on it and inject it into the cart. Are you sure that’s not what is going on here?

3 Likes

Carts are new that’s what I’m thinking it looks like oil though

1 Like

i dont think its the cart i think its your filling SOP that caused some burnt oil to get in there. how did you mix and fill these?

3 Likes

Now why in the world would a person who spends $ on carts have to blow the debris particles out of a “clean” new cart?

Might as well try drying a freshly washed car with a chamois outside while it raining.

3 Likes

Most manufactures recommend blowing them out idk why

2 Likes

Because shipping literally across the planet gets debris all over

6 Likes

Not if their wrapped after production. Last 3 batches all had film wrap. All 300 had zero debris to blow out.

1 Like

My SOP always involves cleaning carts before filling. *I do not trust cart manufactures SOP’*s .

6 Likes

Ya my last 10k or so ascents have all been plastic wrapped

1 Like

as a manufacturer,we clean all cartridges in house

2 Likes

Just ordered 100 to sample im hoping i dont run into this problem but im gonna buy an air compressor just in case.

1 Like

Mines came pre wrapped already too but looks like it could be little globs on oil… maybe I didn’t homogenize it long enough?