Are your girls showing.... I show u mine if u show me yours.... Aka everything I never thought I knew about growing

Let me take this opportunity to ask everyone what they think is going on the following photos:

Ready! Set! Tell me what I am doing wrong!

1 Like

It’s looking like foliage spray on your bottom pics. Like nutes accidentally splashing on them. The top ones look like calmag. It’s all around your plant? Or just a few big leaves here and their? I would def pick up some old age kelp. Your leaves look skinny for even sativas. They starting to shrink. Make sure your picking those bad leaves off. The plant will try to start healing those areas.

4 Likes

We get those droopy yellow leaves in spots throughout the field seems to be boron sometimes seem to be very sporadic though haven’t ever seen where it hurt it much

1 Like

We are applying any nutes and I haven’t sprayed anything in about a month. It does tend to be the largest leaves of the plant and I remove them and things seem to be going ok. I thought it might be fungal but honestly don’t know. As I mentioned this is my first foray into cultivating anything and most of the photos of “problems” tend to look alike to me. We had someone else tell us they were ate up with mites. I have checked numerous times with a pocket microscope and found nada. Overall they seem to be doing pretty well although some are def outpacing the rest of the field and will probably need to be pulled before the majority.

I would say boron as well, but make sure you check for russet/broad mites. Not to be the bearer of potential bad news, but I mistook my slow growing yellow big leaf hoop house of sunset sherb last year for being boron deficient before I picked up on the broad mites. My ego led me to believe that my IPM was on point and there was nothing that could rock the boat, I was totally wrong. Turned out a couple dream queens my buddy left me that I forgot to quarantine and clean up with green cleaner came bearing broad mites and spider mites :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It could potentially be a rootzone issue ive have bad fungus gnats do that to my outdoor plants this season or maybe potential fungal issue . If not some type of trace mineral deficiencies. Fun fact in CBD strains most of the plants cbd synthesis is correlated to iron and with THC magnesium . Try a top dress with glacial rock dust or azomite . I would say compost tea but thats challenging at that scale.

1 Like

Dig into your soil into the rootzone and see if there are any larvae or worms eating at the roots

2 Likes

Go pick 10 random plants that have it showing tie ribbon to the leaves and throw a little handful of nutrients around them see if it clears up in those and not the others that plant is working super hard right now it needs everything perfect do you regularly pull samples ??¿?they have been a lifesaver for us…

2 Likes

Heard, mine are under plastic so i would have to dose them I guess.

Let’s see what this hurricane has in store for us. Perils of a late planting…

1 Like

And the full season stuff probably going to fare about the same

Make sure you build supports and canopy. This was another month it would doomed. You put on cages? If not and short on time drive a stick into the ground close to the stalk. Use growing tape and make yourself a slip knot. Tie your first end mid branches and find a tight natural path to the driven stick. If no time wrap it up like a Christmas tree that will go on top of a car. This is interesting no nutes? You did supersoil? What’s your ph? @Saucyslabz said is a good possibility also. But usually when things get eaten branches will go dead and it wilts overnight. I seen this happen in One of my old grows. Please don’t start digging in the ground searching for decay. You might turn one problem in to another. And a few things for remedy. Your plants need food. no nutes, no supersoil, and the soil hasn’t been tested. Thats your problem. It will get worst as time goes bc they will require more to bulk up. Ph with nutes is 6.2-6.3. If you have RO in your house time to run some clean water. You need protekt for stalk strength. Hydroguard for your rooots.

1 Like

Thanks for all the input! Let me clarify a few things, we spread salts down before the grow and I spot treated some underperforming plants with osmocote earlier in the season. Our soil tested at 6.2 this spring and we will definitely look at some supports for next years grow. We ended up taking all of the large equipment on the farm and making a wind break based on wind direction. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Oh boy lol best of luck during the hurricane. I’m from the south so I know the feeling. After this passes by I would start game planning for next year. Depending the size of operation of the farm you should get an expert with supersoil knowledge. It takes about a year to make it. You won’t have to worry about ph and never have to use nutes. Microorganisms are your best friends.

2 Likes

I will look into it! Thank you!

I hope yall made it througgt hurricane… We had a some limbs break off but we’re very lucky…

1 Like

Sounds like we faired out ok. Arrange equipment to work as a wind break seemed to do the trick.

1 Like

Hey @OBXtracts how did y’all fair from storm

Your photo above looks like leaf spot. It’s a bacterial/fungal infection. The small spots on the leaves are spores germinating.

1 Like

We were lucky. One of my locations had some siding ripped off and my roof lost a few dozen shingles but aside from that, unscathed!

1 Like