Are people still using activated alumina?

That’s why I put it on top of Celite and T5- it also depends on the grind size, coarse grind is great for a top layer on a stack

1 Like

75-100g of baked b80 per lb of biomass

5 Likes

Would this apply for hydrocarbon extraction as well or only in the application you mentioned.

Meaning: will the alumina still stop fats if pre wetting in filter stack for inline remediation on a cls

1 Like

not sure putting water in you CLS is a great idea…

did you try it?

2 Likes

If one can use alumina as a decarb catalyst, why would you want it in a CRC stack for bho?

1 Like

I’ve had way better results in a small scrub with just t5 and silica and straight butane. Running 50g t5 and 25g silica per 1lb of dry material going in . Getting the most light Hugh yellow with amazing terp profile . If I use b80 at all in any amounts its immediately more clear and no flavor . I’ll stick to the t5 and silica . 16149510950087195574830460532561|375x500

200g slab

9 Likes

What’s your solvent temps and and are you using nitro assist? @Sermac

What @cyclopath said.

The clay was not baked properly there is so much water in b80 that you have to bake out for it to work if not you end up with those silver hues and it won’t crystallize as fast

You can use it to get free isolate in nevada

16 Likes

I get crystallization in one day using b80. Not baking it anymore.

2 Likes

Interesting are you running large amounts? I am running 48 pounds of material at ounce and get a silver hue if I do not bake it.

3 Likes

Not baking b80 is a no go for me…Just my opinion though!

4 Likes

My homie has been using aluminum oxide at the bottom of his filter media topped off with a mix of silica and bentonite, kinda makes everything a bit pink. But the terps are there and it actually tastes delicious and not like dirt track racing, (burnt tires and dirt).

Would you say that’s needed with any bentonite product, do you live somewhere with high humidity, and what temp do you bake at?

3 Likes

You can use it to adjust the ph of the solution before it goes into your recover pot

2 Likes

This would account for a pink hue in the final product?

it certainly can. if the slabs start clear the first day and then turn pink within a day or so than more than likely yes its the ph

1 Like

They don’t make slabs, just 2 day sugar.

1 Like

I really just use b80
And I live in a pretty dry climate.

425f for 4 hours In a regular oven lol

Works great for me!

6 Likes