Are people still using activated alumina?

Saw a few people say they dont use it anymore. Did a run without it and had good results. I use t5 and silica 60. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Just use b80 and save yourself some time and money

9 Likes

No silica?

1 Like

You asked☝️

5 Likes

Say I use 400 grams t5 and 200 grams silica. Do I use 600 grams of b80?

B80 and celite.
Also without knowing your starting weight those numbers you typed are useless

11 Likes

I keep seeing that grey and off yellow color stuff though from b80 . That t5 and silica dont ever have that issue. Down to 60g t5 and 25g silica for wax clean up and guaranteed crystallization

4 Likes

What else are you using? Grey means ph change

1 Like

My starting weight is 400 grams of t5 and 200 grams of silica. How many grams of b80 would u use instead? 600? 400?

1 Like

Sorry i mean of material or oil

7 to 12 lbs of dry material. 2 6inch by 36inch columns

If your doing a 7lb run i would run 350g silica (if you must) and 700g to 1050g of b80. Lose the t5

3 Likes

It’s useful for a lot of different processes- there is a patent that was posted here last May where it is used for selective decarb as a catalyst

I use it as a Wetted top layer on filter stacks when using methanol to winterize crude oil, stops waxes like a brick wall.

9 Likes

What’s the terp profile like after B80? Any effect?

Has the same crc smell

2 Likes

Bummer…I keep having people tell me there is really fire CRC out there…I gotta get my hands on some that isn’t Vap-o-rub

3 Likes

My ex came over with some “fire crc that was actually not made from trash”.
Smelled like every crc wax. I lold and called her a custy and proceeded to dab some of my sauce

5 Likes

The only thing I love more than the “Custy” label is “hetti” lmfao :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Vaporub is camphor, you’re not distilling terpentine are you? I wouldn’t want to smoke that either, On the other hand it appears quite medicinal for topicals especially.

:wink: shh

Aa creates a lot of dust that needs to be filtered