Anyone out there using the new growers choice ROI-E420 LED?

Dan at FOHSE is going to tell you their A3I 1500w grow fixture is the solution to your ceiling height. They have a substantial quantity discount also. Good company.

2 Likes

I am going with them for the hybrid GH we are building.

4 Likes

As long as you have basic tools and motor function, build your own. For that shipping container I’d run 3500k F-Series Gen3.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SI-B8U521560WW/6624006?s=N4IgjCBcoLQdIDGUAuAnArgUwDQgPZQDa4ArGAAwgC6AvrXgEzEgDKAkjAEIAcAqqUZhSANgoB1cTVpA

Probably double row 4 ft strips at 100w per strip

2 Likes

Can go wrong with mejiu thats who I order my knock off 550s. Been comparing to my hlg. Same results so far, I’m not sure customer support will be the same but other than that identical. Getting ready to order a few bar style led to test also.

3 Likes

It’s almost not worth it nowadays imo.

I was building lights with gen2 bridgelux strips for a bit. But now, once you factor in your time to build, it’s almost cheaper in the end to go with these new fixtures.

Plus, you get the benefit of the extra reds and uv on some boards too.

4 Likes

This is what a buddy uses

2 Likes

Kingbrite quantum boards have had consistently good quality. I haven’t looked at the $/w lately, but they are a good choice.

1 Like

Exactly, I need plug and play.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely for an op the size you have, building them all would not be feasible.

2 Likes

The migro YouTube channel os great for leds.

They do a thorough review of lights.

Here they did a best bang for the buck test.

2 Likes

I have 4 of the newest LM301B panels with the cooling fins lighting the same size 4x8 area as the 860w LED light bar on a mover and get better results with the light bar even though the panels use about 15% more electricity and they put out more heat. I am sure many will disagree but those old style panels are the past and light bars are here and now. I light a 4x8 area with a 860w LED bar lighting on a mover.
I know not practical for a huge commercial grower but I love light movers and been using them for over 10 years.

3 Likes

I might just spring for the bars. I’ve heard they are a worthy upgrade over boards.

1 Like

From barrina they stated they are using 2835 SMD LEDs

2 Likes

I need about 6-10 for side lighting, whos hot a good suggestion. I dont really want to build my own

4 Likes

Side lighting…damn…line all flat surfaces with light bars lol

Are people adding side lighting with good results?

1 Like

Those $100 LED’s are tempting just to try out.

5 Likes

Would you say bars are better because they have more even coverage?

2 Likes

There’s just some darker spots id like to not have dark, im ok with it looking like a football stadium

4 Likes

80 with the coupon on Amazon haha

4 Likes

Was thinking the same , worse case they go to the cloner

5 Likes