Anyone out there using the new growers choice ROI-E420 LED?

I am thinking of running a LED tent along with my current HPS/CMH tent. I’ve been looking at the market and like the growers choice ROI-E420 due to its size and price. I would be putting it in a 3*4 tent. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this light, and if so how has it performed? Also if anyone has the same tent size and can recommend a light I may not of researched yet?

1 Like

For being an Alibaba China flipper, Grower’s Choice is a good brand for the money.

3 Likes

Never ran that light but been running 3x 860w 4x4 light bars for quite a few cycles and I feel like LED light bars are the best style grow light out. Nice even coverage and no hot spots. Just got a Mars Hydro FC 3000 for a 3x3 veg tent and its awesome. I suggest checking out the new FC 4800
https://www.mars-hydro.com/buy-fc-4800-480w-4x4-energy-saving-full-spectrum-commercial-led-grow-light-mars-hydro-for-sale

1 Like

How are the led’s yielding for you?

Grams per watt and grams per sqft?

3 Likes

@Trippscroomz I haven’t ran the growers choice leds. But have several of the de units no issues with those.

@FicklePickle I have some hlg550 & hlg600(quantum boards) & timber redwood vs(cobs). I’m Averaging between 1.6 -2 gpw depending on strains and how lazy I am. I have a two friends that get 2-2.4 with the same lights, diff strains.

Have some knock off hlg and gavita from alaliba testing the yeild and build quality has been very similar if not identical. Not sure about customer support, thankfully haven’t had an issue.

2 Likes

See the yield is good per watt, but how many sqft does that one light take up. I’m fairly certain I can hit 1.8-2gpw on the dual end gavitas since they’re covering 25sqft of canopy.

My best yield on single end hps is 1.75 gpw

7 Likes

I was actually looking at these LEDs because my framed out shipping container is 7 feet wide, and with their narrower width, I can get them side by side in there…it would cover my ceiling space perfectly.

3 Likes

These things are mint. Every rec grow so far.

1 Like

I started with those a couple years ago. Now back to SE HPS because of ceiling height…which is why I was looking at these LEDs. I’m running some ancient technology here lol

3 Likes

I’m planning to go meijiu or kingbrite lm301b 480w quantum board lights. Unless I spring for the bar style 650w type lights from the same vendors. They have decent reviews

3 Likes

Barrina has been a staple for lettuce growers for a long time. They just put their hat in the ring for cannabis. The 4’ fixtures are coming. Newest generation light spectrum. 50w/sf for flowering, $0.50/watt. I just put a few racks of these in to test.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Equivalent-2FTx2FT-Sunlight-Spectrum/dp/B08935QVHR/

8 Likes

If this fits (its about 47"sq) gavita pro 1700e

14 Likes

You did get them! They should work well for you.

My only problem is the price per watt up front. And they are Hawthorne (the Borg!) but that’s a conversation for a different thread.

7 Likes

Back OT, my buddy bought the ROI-420 for his 3x3 tent. It has not arrived for him yet. I forgot all about that.

3 Likes

I wonder what diode they will use. That Amazon link doesn’t mention the diode or driver specs in the desc

4 Likes

I own a handful. I can get the tech specs before I do my garden chores in the AM.

5 Likes

Nice they came in, stoked to hear thoughts about them. Led’s are looking better and better

3 Likes

does the linked 2’ light have the same spectrum and features as the 4’ lamp they’re putting out for cannabis?

$100 bucks for to cover 2x2 with plug and play led is pretty nuts, no? any idea when the 4’ is suppose to drop?

2 Likes

Have you tested the PPFD at distance on these? Might like to do a 315/LED mix in a container. Maybe 2 of these on the sides with a 315 in the middle?

1 Like

No, I think it’s 3500k without the 660nm/full spectrum bump. They said it’s in production, so I have no idea.

The tech information wasn’t much help 200w ±5w, 720 LEDS totally (China spelling)

Two of these are working great in 2x4’ rolling benches. (just cleaned up the bottoms for density)

The 16" height ppfd is a little low for my liking, but I tend to monocrop anyways. With the ceiling height, I’m not sure if they would work in containers. Let me see if I still have a contact at Fluence who might be able to answer that in relation to their LED bar tech. FOHSE, Fluence, and Agnetix are definitely contenders for your business with the extra ceiling height.

5 Likes