Anyone looking to learn about how to do the Delta 8 Conversion?

I would like to respond to the poster of this thread. I can appreciate and I’m grateful of those out there that support what we are doing and want to find a way to get involved. I personally do not know you, but I have dug deep enough to find out that you are a friend of a friend. I feel that you ment no harm, and would like to get involved, even possibly help us expand our services and reach. I can appreciate that and I thank you. If you are not authorized, and registered with our company, under contract, with MNDA signed and filed, then I ask you to please Not post pictures of our lab and our equipment. Also I hope that you have learned a valuable lesson in being authentic open and clear about who you are and what you are in detail before you engage In representing us or any part of what we do… If you are a friend or associate to a legitimate member of our crew, please make sure that you go through the proper SOP‘s of how you can be supported by us and by future 4200 in the GLG community. BIG Thanks gang :pray: for :eyes: out

32 Likes

I had the same impression. I bought a sample of D8 from cbdokie as well, the “95% water clear”. No COA in the package(which was just a mason jar with no vac seal in a bubble mailer, super sketchy), didn’t receive a COA until I pushed for one and said it was going to third party testing. 8-9 days after paying(and a few days after receiving) I get sent a COA for ~78% D8. When I do my independent testing I get about 58% D8 and a blend of other byproducts with one test showing ~5% d9 and the other not taking the steps to properly quantify it.

If I was buying it to consume I’d be more irked, but I bought it to test because of the pervasiveness of the HCL CBD COAs that are floating around being misrepresented. I feel like having a slanger certification is worthless if these are acceptable practices

12 Likes

I mean what’s the point of paying future to get verified if people continue to sell product not as advertised. To me that’s worse than selling unverified product.

7 Likes

well the simple solution is that if the forum does not moderate activity then you have too.

you need a set of review threads which is easy for you to make.

one for people who are happy with what they got

one for people who are unhappy with what they got

and one for COA’s.

then before you buy rather than going to see if some one is a slanger just go to the three threads
to see who to buy off.

again this should not be a problem.

for me to find out info on sellers here I have to go through tons of posts and threads to see whats
what.

and don’t put shit in the threads other than reviews and COA’s otherwise your signal to noise
goes down.

I am very certain that if you all asked the mods nicely here to set up some rules on a few threads
they would, then you would have a way to know with out to much problem whats what.

has anyone here been supplied D8 with less the 0.3% D9 ?

is it possible ?

again not my thing as I am happy with a mix.

I am more interested in the users who have a bit of science in there background coming here
and finding a tome of knowledge to start experimenting with.

what I also don’t understand is why the peer review journals are quoting yields and giving
chromatographed measurements that people are not getting even close.

p toluenesulfonic acid in toluene heat and stir

no inert gas no pressure no exothermic reactions why ?

I have come across many patents that are not truthful to there publication but journals

like joc and jacs they have high alexia ranks for chemistry journals

I find it hard to believe that they would allow bullshit in there publications.

they are not hiding any of the steps and the chemistry is more akin to cooking curry
than most other forms of chemistry out there.

honestly if people need a consultant or a SOP to follow a put it together and heat with stirring
do you even feel safe buying there products.

the second people decided that they wanted to buy a recipe for how to do this stuff rather
than do the foot work them selves with the second that this all began.

buy supplying SOP’s people are saying that it is not needed to learn the basics to trade here.

spoon feeding is spoon feeding money or not and all it makes is lazy idiots.

It also means that you can not see if the provider of these sops is providing valid information.

we all make mistakes and have ideas that don’t work as we think they do.

not to long ago I suggested to recrystallize from hot pentane as I am used to doing with
hot ethanol.

I was quickly picked up and put in my place for it as I should have been.

had I of sold that info to someone I could have hurt them and the product I thought they would
get they would not have got.

you are the customers you have to talk with your money.

5 Likes

I have a few compliant coa on d8 product from a few people. I intend to purchase myself from… but need to ask for the chromatograph still. Coa im looking @ shows compliant d9 nd and 92%+ d8. I’m too excited about the potential of finally being in a lab again myself trying to learn this chemistry instead of just reading about it and buying.

This is why I also mentioned D8thca because that would solve a lot of the mystery oil potentially not being in a lab result. I think. I just don’t know how difficult the process would be.

I’ve done a ton of reviewing before purchasing and I’m excited. The recent events have made me pause and watch how this plays out a pinch longer.

2 Likes

@squig

2 Likes

there you go so whats the fuss about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are these 3rd part tests you had done yourself or the COA from the seller?

1 Like

Initial COA. You let me know who will send me a kilo to third party test myself before purchasing though! That’d be some guaranteed business.

hmm so the seller COA? (scratches head);

Idea:

1. ask for (or buy) D8 sample; you send to lab; or,
  2. buy kilo with payment system that allows refund; test sample from kilo; if test results don’t pan out return and refund;

should be standard operating procedure for all purchases, particularly the concentrates that would be a felony for you to have in your ?

4 Likes

@anon1342 can’t just push this idea on d8 in my opinion… you would have to do the same on all hemp products no? I know its easier to read just hemp distillate and typically dont see to much variance from lab to lab… but in theory couldnt one lab pass a cbd distillate and then another lab on other side of the country say its over d9 limit?

I’m not sure I understand your question.

any concentrate you buy and wish to formulate resell etc, you should have tested by your preferred lab before reselling. Any hemp, any D8, anything you want to resell.

Start with potency (because, cost - usually $80-90). If potency meets your criteria (e.g. for D8 - less than .3% d9), do full panel - metals, solvents, microbials, pesticides. If any of these don’t pass - return for refund.

the hot issue with D8 is not disputing several tenths of a percent. the hot d8 circulating now is typically 10% or more d9; way over .3%. Keeping mindful that crossing state lines with hot material and possessing hot d8 are a series of felony charges.

1 Like

bitcoin escrow and it could be implemented into this forum with out too much difficulty.

4 Likes

what are transaction fees to get in and out of bitcoin?

paypal and all major CC have refund programs

depends on who you go through.

it does take time to get used to and I have not used it for some time.

the worst thing about bitcoin though is its instability.

you don’t want to hold onto it if you don’t know what your doing which I don’t.

monero is a better currency to be honest its also untraceable.

ye fiat is good for that but escrow is a way to not allow funds out with out third party signature.

so you get the test done the money is there and if the test is good it gets released.

if not it gets returned.

plus if you have bitcoin you can buy some real drugs instead of this watered down d8 :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Half a kilo to a kilo is standard procedure to sample and risk. Lucky if you get half. If it’s a bad buy from there you can leave a review.

GSuite Gmail (google business email) has p2p payments built in…

If I wanted to do good business for bulk I would then work out a purchasing agreement to be signed and made out legit and setup bank deposits or zelle / etc.

If you want wholesale pricing you shouldn’t expect to use conventional credit card purchasing. Some are kind enough to setup wholesale pricing portals and that’s all fine and dandy but I would definitely ad the cc fee into that or provide it be bank transfer / Plaid.com or something fancy like that in the website. Bitcoin is a solid answer but a bank can have a better record for you to seek damages if don’t receive what you paid for and customer service sours…

Worst case scenario I leave a bad review and I’m out a few grand and hopefully nobody does business with that person again. If they keep trying to make things right in an amicable amount of time… then I would expect no issue or bad review. I think it is important to give people the opportunity to right any wrongs and give the benefit of the doubt. It’s burned me a lot, but also let’s me know who is real and worth working with. If my labs come back the product is hot, I would immediately in Texas probably have to dispose of it until we have our own processing rules that would allow for remediation and disposal.

You can only test a persons character to find out if they’re going to value your business or not. I would expect a hemp payment processor who approves d8 specifically to allow for refunds to work. Just not sure square if d8 friendly. Realistically other cannabinoids are going to be a payment processing pita I have solved a team for it but I’m just more interested in bank 2 bank solutions that are instant

Refunds with bitcoin can be shitty. Say you pay 1 bitcoin for something that’s valued at $9000. Then the value of bitcoin drops or rises. You then provide them 1 bitcoin making them feel they lost value. Or you don’t provide them a full bitcoin in return because it gained value and you only agreed to a $9000 purchase. Bitcoin ethereum and business contracts and services are coming but I just haven’t seen a solid one that’s affordable that will stick as a proof of payment for a good or service. Coinbase commerce is alright I suppose.

4 Likes

There is nothing wrong with connecting people. You are going to fit in great around here. This is the initiation. It gets better.

12 Likes

@CBDOKIE is there any chance you could make a definitive statement about the COAs floating around being misrepresented? this one for example? I know you said this doesn’t scale, but the public at large is being misinformed thinking it’s the product they’re buying

4 Likes

I’ve seen a few of these SDPharma Labs COA’s – not a single one held up to re-testing from a legitimate lab.

Maybe time to blacklist SDPharma and anyone slang’n D8 with one of their bullshit COA’s

5 Likes

It all depends on how fast you want the transaction to clear and current prices.

Last time I did a transaction it was around 80 cents for it to ve verified in a few hours.

1 Like