Anyone interested in setting up an LA meetup?

I’d really like to meet local LA members in person to share info and get some deals done for a great start to 2020! We also have a media partner, so can create video content on the spot - imagine, go to a meetup, make great connections, and also come away with a cool, professional video for what you do…not bad, eh?

2 Likes

Imagine lol so cringe but the business major in me agrees :joy:

2 Likes

A lot of people dont want their faces out there, so you’d have to get everyone coming to agree to the video

3 Likes

Totally down to host some private parties with SoCal extractors!

3 Likes

absolutely agree - it’s just for whomever wants it - really the same as when I was in major media (networks) - everyone has their specialty and skills…that area is one of ours.

1 Like

great! any thoughts on best venue? I’m east side - south of pasadena…seems like less happens over here…isn’t far from downtown

1 Like

Explains your whole persona and how you approach your market penetration

1 Like

So your intention is to offer media coverage videoing from a company you work with for people present at this proposed convention ? Have you worked in the industry , own a company or working with/for one now, ? Share info and get some deals done ? We share a lot of information on here Incase you haven’t noticed with deals getting done as well. ( if your verified) . Why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself “ Selah “. Don’t mean to grill you with questions but the structure of the content in the paragraph seems very pitchy.

Hi Doyathang - just a meetup, see if people are interested - I personally have zero interest in anything formal, like a convention, and am just looking to meet a few other industry people in person. I use my real name, and you can look me up on LinkedIn or Google - Selah Abrams, been in the biz 25 years, beginning early 90’s with a hemp clothing and oil products line, manufactured in Costa Mesa, and basing retail out of New Orleans. I was one of the originals in CannaVest, now CV Sciences. after that, manufacturing and several retail brands. hope this is a good start to make you comfortable, definitely ask me anything you want…open book all the way. I reached out to a local site rep for verification, but am waiting for his availability to meet up, hopefully this week or next. For video content, I’ve noticed that much of what’s on youtube and elsewhere looks like crap (imho) and I’d just like to see some better shot/edited stuff out there - kind of like how packaging has improved so much between 2014 and now. For deals, I represent raw materials, mfg, credit card processing - all direct, legit, and high quality, no bs. I like people that keep it simple, and do what they say they’ll do, because that’s how I am. Thanks for asking, and for reading! Selah

3 Likes

well, my colleagues were all very professional, honest, hard working people doing their best, and it was a helluva good education. Lots to bring from big corps into startups and new industries. Judge me if you choose, but better to get to know me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mhm interesting. Well best of luck hope you sel-a-lot of whatever your planing on selling next. I’m bored and you seem like your trying really hard to people please in turn to get what you want which your really not disclosing.( you did mention networking and your interest in improving the quality of videos on YouTube lmao) So let me just drop some knowledge on you. Most people in this industry don’t want to work with big corp and what it has to offer lol. We have seen where it goes and how it works out. What’s your affiliation with CNN ? Facebook has CNN in your work bio. Most of us are pretty intelligent despite the negative stereotype of stupid lazy not business savvy stoners. But things will be different in the future so what the fuck do I know.

1 Like

Me and my partners would attend for sure.

3 Likes

Hi Doyathang, definitely doing my best to hear what you’re saying, and set aside any prejudgments you have about me (or former colleagues of mine). You made me think of a really good, lifelong friend of mine who just so happened to be a Fox reporter in Florida in the past. I certainly don’t hold my overall opinion of Fox against him, and even appreciate that he was a positive influence in such an organization (and that no org is a monolith). Having experience in a large corporation doesn’t equal that someone is ‘tainted’, thinks those who haven’t are lazy or stupid, or that they’re automatically a corp shill. You also made me think of the real estate investor community BiggerPockets.com - they’ve grown an environment where no BS is allowed, yet people are very encouraging and helpful, and don’t tolerate harsh pre-judgement of others.
I started out in hemp around 1992, as a startup making hemp clothes and oil products, retailing out of New Orleans, and remember clearly how people would stop by and think it was some sort of ‘sting’ operation set up by the police, rather than the patriotic and noble plant and industry we so much wanted to bring back, but that was a very, very long way from where we’re at today. Yeah, it was, and is, a “Mission from God” to quote the Blues Brothers :slight_smile:
My aim and goal is simple: Utility. In whatever situation I’m in, and wherever I go, to make it better somehow by best using my experience, interests, abilities, and talents. I think a local LA group of us doing this with transparency and integrity will be very interesting and help a lot of people.
If you read this all, thanks, I know it’s a lot - hopefully you’ll reply and we may even get to meet each other and work together on something. All the best, Selah

2 Likes

great to hear! any thoughts on a location/day/time best for everyone? with LA being so spread out, traffic, etc…

2 Likes

I will be in LA in probably two days. Waiting on confirmation.

@Krative
@GreenMachine_Consult
@CuriousChemist22
@hambread

If anyone else wants to Meetup lmk

8 Likes

great coffee shops/bakeries here on the east side with tons of free parking (versus downtown!) such as JJ2 in Alhambra. anytime will be great to see you here in LA!

2 Likes

DM me your digits and I will hit you up

1 Like

Long Beach would be cool, its more south would allow people from san diego and inland empire area to attend as well

sure thing - after morning traffic, during the day is ideal for me, if ok for others…LA traffic is best to avoid :slight_smile:

I’ll be in Long Beach tomorrow.

1 Like