Anyone interested in proprietary SOP to isolate cannabis derived terpenes

What about your method is superior to cold path? If your sop is worth thousands it must be far superior to any open sourced method that can be found. There are a million ways to skin a cat, what makes your method better than the method @Dabatronicus posted above?

1 Like

What do you mean cold path?

Did you see the one I posted:

The way it’s displayed is misleading, it contains most of the minor terpenes, just are represented as tiny lines due to relative concentration compared to the major ones present

2 Likes

I must all the same thing. Why shouldn’t I take my HTE and cold path it? Why should I buy your SOP?

3 Likes

This is the start of doing it well. Keep on plugging.

2 Likes

If your referring to cold path distillation and/or steam distillation I assure you my process does not involve a SPD system or a put together steam distillation setup. My process takes raw oils that have undesirables in it (potential fats, waxes, lipids, sugars etc.) and separates them leaving you with clear as water native terpenes! Depending on strain some come out with a tinge of color but still beautiful and mesmerizing to look at and smell

2 Likes

:pray::pray::pray::pray::heart::facepunch:

You gotta eat, no one is begrudging you that.

Just make sure you know what you’re selling. The CoAs will help legitimize your price…

3 Likes

This was distilled High Terpene extract. It smelled and tasted just like the plant.

We’ve discussed it before, this type of profile, whether smoking the perfectly grown flower directly or an extract do NOT provide modulation.

Other Strain Profiles distilled the same way(as smelled just like the flower) tested between 30-60% terpenes. These profiles(OG, Durban) DID provide strong modulation; strong couch lock, tactile experience with trigeminal nerves associated with TRPV and TRPM receptors tingling in the face(headband effect).

Identification of the un-identified portion of the effective profiles is the key to discovering what other compounds are providing the modulation.

The point here is not all cannabis even makes profiles that provide strong modulation. Jungle Cake, Blue Dream, and Purple Punch are all strains that do NOT provide strong modulation compared with strains that DO like OG, Durban, Hazes, Sours and Chems

6 Likes

It is far superior and would love to see how this process helps others/companies keep there cartridge/dabbable lines clean and as pure and true to the cannabis plant as much as possible

Using a SPD or wipes film may I ask? Either way I have done what your doing 100s of times and as low and slow as possible and the terpenes are weather raw oil or HTE they always come out a little “off” and no longer use that method and actually will toss them down the drain cause further refinement is a waste of time and money once they are damaged through SPD, etc.

1 Like

Neither

So you built a cold path/ steam distillation setup?

I described it in this post. It’s a distillation but the key is THCA is removed. A good HT will have near zero THCA, allowing for deep vacuum due to lack of evolving CO2 from decarbing THCA. The low vacuum allows for separation of these compounds without degradation.

Like i said, these are the ONLY terpenes I have smelled that actually smell like the plant.

5 Likes

No, this not short pathed or steam

2 Likes

i Guess agree to disagree

Then you are putting them in a whipped film of some sort and I assure you are damaging lower notes

1 Like

Like I mentioned in my previous post; most of the targeted compounds are insanely volatile. Capturing them is all about vapor path.

I would love to try yours. To me, reliably separating and identifying these compounds in the most important thing in the cannabis industry

5 Likes

I am not and most are distilled without any heat added. We use a modified rotary evaporator.

Most come off with flask under ice

3 Likes

No heat is good! I’m sure your method is sound but I have had the pleasure of using spd/steam/wiped films to isolate or “clean” up terpenes and they don’t even compare! I will literally toss them