Anyone interested in proprietary SOP to isolate cannabis derived terpenes

Using co2 oil and/or high terpene extract from bho/pho i have an SOP that pulls and isolates them to there purest form without using extreme heat or other processes that may give you a “barnyard” “hay” smell

3 Likes

Pics?

COA’s?

1 Like

What’s in the coffee?

I posted a method using high terpene extracts from butane or propane.

Basically, once THCA crystals are significantly separated from the HTE, one can achieve very low vacuum depths; allowing for these highly volatile cannabinoid modulating compounds to distill without degradation. It is distilled at relatively low temperatures and condensed using the coldest surface possible.

I have been able to produce 99.8% water clear terpenes. These 100% smell like the flower/extract and are not perfumey or “off”.

It’s hard to see in report, but notice that most of the minor terpenes are present, just in small amounts relative to the major terpenes so are represented only as tiny lines

Never tried anything but butane extracts as input however this should would the same for CO2 though I doubt it would be as good.

More interesting, it could be done with HTE separated from Rosin, making high quality water clear terpene profile that’s never touched petroleum-based solvents

It’s important to note that most profiles did not test 99.8% terpenes, which I think represents other untested volatile compounds effecting smell, taste and most importantly effect.

10 Likes

Ever thought of steam distillation terpenes?

3 Likes

Steam distilled are not worthwhile and are always off. They are a waste of time and biomass

@Cheebachiefextracts

4 Likes

Just gotta tinker, I’ll whip some up soon & post the sop!

2 Likes

You don’t need or want steam. See above test.

Steam will ruin your profiles(inert atmosphere, microwave assist, etc, etc will not help) you can do it if you want but it’s not a viable route.

Steam will produce 10-20% terps with degradation to mostly sesquiterpenes. These will not provide much, if any, modulation to the effect

Refined HTE will produce up too 99.9% and contain all the minor terpenes. This will provide the same modulated effect profile as the starting flower.

The nose knows every time. Terpenes profiles are only about the effect given. It should be extremely noticeable when used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhuJMz_F4NC/?igshid=1gjqri72onltk

9 Likes

How deep of vacuum do you need?

Do you need a diff pump or will an Edwards work?

Always wanted to try this but I know I need better cold traps lol

2 Likes

Ok, but cold path technology isn’t new or something to be revealed. Literally just a cold shortpath :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Edwards is all I used but I do feel a diffusion might help increase yield.

4 Likes

Shortpath derived terpenes are almost always damaged due to post or pre process! Although I do agree cold path tech is nothing new but i have yet to see the same tech/equipment used in the process/SOP that i have acquired to isolate native cannabis terpenes

1 Like

oh you mean like these

15 Likes

Refined HTE or steam?

HTE fuck steam distilled terps

10 Likes

That’s the ticket, this guy gets it :fist:t6:

3 Likes

Condensing is condensing, it’s all about removing the ultra high vapor pressure compounds(CO2 produced by THCA decarbing) before terpenes are separated(Note: The current processes all attempt to remove clear terpenes before THC).

THCA in solution is constantly decarbing even at room temp. The rapid crystallization that occurs with cold butane extraction bypasses this almost completely. Once poured off, the colored terpene rich solution is almost fully devoid of any trapped CO2. The cold extraction also avoids fats and lipids.

This allows one to achieve very low vacuum depths, which allows for these highly volatile and reactive compounds to vaporize with very little added energy while avoiding as much interaction between molecules due to much greater space between them.

Without separating THCA, vacuum depths won’t go below 1000micron(with any heat and a weak vac can easily go over 20,000) With THCA removed, 200 micron was achieved on a rudimentary setup. One could easily go lower.

A traditional short path’s vapor path and condensing surface area are not ideal though. I used a small rotary evaporator with dry ice condensor. The new summit designed coiled head would likely work very well for large batches.

9 Likes

That shit looks insane. That’s just HTE with THC-A?

3 Likes

yes sir

2 Likes