Anyone doing indoor hemp cultivation?

I typically have around 160.00 into a pound of indoor grown bud in electricity and nutes. Does not include labor or equipment costs. That’s averaging 2.5lbs per light and running DE’s at 1150 watts

5 Likes

That’s about the number we see. Our GPW is always being pushed via genetics, room dialed & style of grow system - all h2o here for the last 15 years.

4 Likes

Are you using aquaponics?

1 Like

Sounds like you may want to do some small scale projects with solar and aquaponics. Solar cell prices have come down A lot in the last two years. And maybe some aquaponics component. That’s my large scale plan. I’m not a cannabis grower but I grow other plants that way.

1 Like

Aeroponics /NFT systems.

1 Like

Those are great numbers! Good for you!

1 Like

Even with CMP’s gouging and billing error shenanigans! Maine electrical costs are super expensive

2 Likes

There are some phenomenal growers out in these hills with some killer genetics that thrive outside and most never get to see them.

5 Likes

I already know neighbor. :100:

1 Like

Ya its sad what will be lost to these hills and the guys who pioneered it all. So many different strains made in a 100 mile radius. Do you remember the strain uograde that was around 8-10 yts ago same as AOTO strain. Recently got back from ohio and saw a bunch of genetics i oheno hunted almost 15 yrs ago still going strong. Lots of good strins came out of southern ohio as well.

4 Likes

aeroponics did not do me any good :rofl::joy:

1 Like

2 million square feet of indoor hemp. I’m not sure that sounds like a good idea.

Cannabis company stocks are tanking and that product sells for more money. It’s going to be narrow margins growing like its indoor THC, but getting CBD prices.

U have indoor hemp for sale lmk pls

European industrial hemp (Carmagnola) that usually gets to about 5% CBD outdoors. Grown indoor under LED Horti lamps. 16% CBD 0.66% THC

From 2kg of trim

Got 0.6kg of 28% CBD kief :slight_smile:

However due to Carmagnola’s tendency to go overboard with THC on regular basis this is the last year when it’s allowed in EU. From 2021 Carmagnola is banned in Europe.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Winter greenhouse hemp

Vs

Winter greenhouse thc

5 Likes

My buddy runs a mix of 630W CMH and the new Gen 2 Gavita LED’s for indoor hemp and has no issues. Another buddy just uses HPS. I think the first setup produces denser buds and better weight, but I haven’t done a side by side.

2 Likes

Im planning on a 5K sqft greenhouse behind my lab. Unless TN allows THC by the time i get it built, ill be growing hemp. But the end game is cannabis…

3 Likes

That’s a hard concept to sell to some people in the industry. It’s worth it to make meager profits on hemp if you’re in a prohibition state, because it gives you a leg up for med/rec when they roll out.

However, I’m extremely concerned that Capt Dipshit in his big White House is going to go after the state cannabis industries if he gets reelected.

2 Likes

Well yeah, federal government is the supreme power. Anything that goes against that undermines his authority. Subordination.

1 Like