Anyone doing indoor hemp cultivation?

Isn’t SCROG the best method for production? Therefore, not needing to penetrate the canopy?..oh sooo many varieties and techniques to accomplish our goals!

3 Likes

Them look delicious my bro. :fire::fire::fire: The look is definitely mo betta indoors.

1 Like

SCROG is problematic at scale due to labor and damage to plants. There really isn’t a best method; it all depends on the restrictions you have places on you. An indoor hemp grow wouldn’t have plant count restrictions in most cases, so sea of green with shorter, faster flowering genetics would be an efficient way to reduce the need for light penetration without having to work with agnet.

An outdoor cannabis grow however, would benefit from plants properly trained and hardened before the growing season starts.

2 Likes

And sorry to beat the dead horse but thats the difference my brotha! People that buy weed typically choose with their eyes and nose. Not the numbers on the wall or packaging. Its always been like that. This is why i feel indoor weed/hemp will have a place in this industry.

Yes thc is thc, but actual flower is bought on looks and smell. We all trust those 2 things first before any test.

I hate to use this as an example but it is. If you watch viceland. There is a show most expensivist shit. When they did a most expensive weed one. 2chainz didnt look at the packaging at all. He went in first with his nose then looked at the material. He could careless about the potency numbers. This is where connoisseur indoor weed will always have a space…whether its industrialized or small company…there always will be a demand for super high indoor.

4 Likes

I know this my bro and that’s why I’m going to have to show you. I know thats the only thing that changes minds, seeing is believing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I will send you pics tomorrow when I get back to the lab. We dont plan on selling it wholesale, but maybe by spring time we will.
Dense and tasty for industrial hemp.

1 Like

I’ve smoked a couple CBD buds and they never seem to be much to talk about,but recently smoked some ACDC CBD @ 19% and it actually packed a punch in a body high sort of sativa way. Ull be pressing some rosin soon. Oh yhetes a market coming.

2 Likes

It’s not scalable unless you’re growing for smokable flower, seed, or going all the way to retail. The reason is that it costs so much to produce that the biomass will cost more than you can sell the crude oil for. Hemp biomass costs us anywhere from $35-45 per lb. Indoor cannabis sells for $1200 per lb. That’s why they can afford to grow it indoor.

Do you guys still grow indoors or have greenhouse avail?

Isnt organic a third party organization that takes money from farmers?

I hear that organic farming is the biggest joke. The last clause in the contract states something along those lines " if you are in dire straights and your crop is dying. You can use any means necessary for recovery of your crop". Most farmers will just spray and still get the organic sticker and say they had problems. Anyways i have seen “organic test” that have more pesticide than normal crop. Care to share your 2 cent?

1 Like

I grow indoor hemp organiclly & have fantastic results

6 Likes

Wow, beautiful. Have any idea how much CBD and THC and other cannabinoids are in your dried flower?

2 Likes

Once again dude, excellent work! Those are certainly some top quality hemp flowers! And while I cant wait to see some lab results on this stuff, we have to get away from this idea that hemp is all about the potential isolate yield. Isolated cannabinoids are garbage. Hemp can be very enjoyable smoke, excellent concentrates, and effective medicine if we treat it right. This goes the same for THC. The argument that all THC is the same no matter the source does nothing to address the rest of the compounds that actually make it enjoyable effective smoke. When we loose sight of this is when we loose connection to this plant.

3 Likes

Very well put Appalachian !! I hate cigarettes, but I love to smoke my hemp… helps me with all kinds of stuff… I’m not chasing the crazy stuff, I just enjoy growing these plants & what they give back to me in return.

3 Likes

I don’t unfortunately just yet , once the cure is perfect I plan on sending out for results

2 Likes

Hey everyone sorry it’s been a minute, just thought I’d share some pictures of my up coming harvest…

8 Likes

I typically have around 160.00 into a pound of indoor grown bud in electricity and nutes. Does not include labor or equipment costs. That’s averaging 2.5lbs per light and running DE’s at 1150 watts

5 Likes

That’s about the number we see. Our GPW is always being pushed via genetics, room dialed & style of grow system - all h2o here for the last 15 years.

4 Likes

Are you using aquaponics?

1 Like