Anybody using David's glassware?

Heya Poizzin, I was lookin at the same setup. What kinda throughput are you getting on your unit? which vacuum you paired it with?

oooh snap… lmfao :rofl:

1 Like

Depending on factors I can get 50ml to 75ml per hr with an Alcatel 2021i

1 Like

Is everyone KF25 to the vacuum from the glass?

Hmm those refurbished Alcatels are about half the price of a similar Edwards. A

I asked David for a full setup and he showed me a double cold trap setup, for 1500. But I notice you and others just took a single stage. With those wide bore vacuum lines I would be surprised if one cold trap could cut it! But I note everyone above seems to have a single stage cold trap?

I’m not sure if I should go with cow adapters etc, I thought of trying to strip most volatiles a la beaker and focus on the THC, but I’m used to fractional essential oil distillation & this is my first go at THC. Is the jacketed receiving flask a big advantage ?
5L%20KIT

1 Like

You only see my 1 glass cold trap I am using on this , the other is an 8qt stainless that is a beast closer to vacuum

2 Likes

Does it ever worry your safety that’s people quote you prices as cheap or below cost to make products? Usually that seems like a red flag. Just saying I like my eyes and I prefer not to have a flask implode on me.

4 Likes

Alcatells are half the price and 4 the work/power. They will not absorb and eject molecules mile a Edwards. You can get by on a job like that but it’s best to get a Edwards. Another important factor is full bore systems tend to hammer and damage pumps. Once you go full bore you basically destroy your pump especially if you don’t know how to manage dry vacuum. What hoses used to absorb on the surface now it’s going directly in your pump. And I can assure you those traps David makes are junk. Your best bet is to go with people who care about your success. And your safety.

1 Like

:man_scientist::lab_coat::goggles::gloves:

3 Likes

You are absolutely right in the single Alcatel 2021i it “works” for my 500ml and 1000ml . I doubt it would run a 2000ml effective . A bigger better unit would definitely help

1 Like

ive seen a single alcatel pull 8 microns on a 2L rocco setup all with gl connections. 2nd pass never over 27 microns. Definitely does the job on a 2L easily

10 Likes

I’ve seen em cruise on a 5l. No record breaking times, but she worked. I’d totally go bigger next time, or just use it for heads

2 Likes

My puny trivac 2.5 does my 2l spd sweet. Under 180micron during heads, 1st pass on china glass, and gl fittings.

It can be done, it just takes a bit more finesse.

5 Likes

I’ve never seen domestic glass implode unless it was obviously worn, I’ve seen brand new, low priced, foreign glass violently implode.

Honestly, I was extremely lucky I was bent over picking something off the ground, even with my glasses on that flask would have fucked me.

Some people may need to take the shortcut, but if you have employees running your SPD, the liability of foreign glass can quickly become exponentially more expensive than the few bucks saved up front

9 Likes

What about a blast shield like in all the sciency vids I watch

5 Likes

I’ve imploded a few Chinese Erlenmeyer flasks and round boiling flasks already during filtering none of David’s but some were deschem or similar

1 Like

lots of deschem quality was hit or miss david’s glass has been amazing so far does not mean any glass can’t spontaneously implode

4 Likes

Thanks for your replies. Can you please link a similar setup you sell? I just googled it and didn’t find it readily. Thanks.!

I’m going to go with 3 cold traps once I get my diffusion set up. I dont think David’s cold traps are junk. They are litterly the same as any other one u would buy (except summits special ones). Actually that isnt true. You can have it made anyway u wanted… he can make things u CANT buy
Two would be good for a regular full bore setup.
Maybe its cheaper becauae hes making all the glass, and doesnt have to go to another company to have their glass made. Also no rediculous greentax like everyone else does. I think David is just supplying quality glass without a greentax…
We havent seen that b4, and all the US companies are gonna bitch and complain, and knock it down as much as they can. Cuz they looovee that greentax

19 Likes

They wanna make black market margins without taking any risk. They wanna flex on people and post #wedontverbthesame.

3 Likes

You know everyone loves the greentax. These companies are watching everyone pockets saying damn your risking your life for a $100K score. I want my cut. You all know how i feel about this. There is plenty of margins on this stuff…

Once you start going into the 300-400% markup. It allows people like david to swoop in and gain momentum. Sound familar…LMAO!

Same kinda momentum that allowed me to buy 100kg of absorbands 100 days ago…And on monday buy over a metric ton of powders. Keep taxing everyone…ill keep filling up on the crumbs.

24 Likes