Anybody using AVD hardware?

I love the avd ceramics

4 Likes

This press for the Eazy press is amazing also. Caps 50 at a time

4 Likes

VEVOR Leather Cutting Machine 360x220mm Manual Die Cutter Max. 15 mm Leather Embossing Machine Hand Press Mold Leather Die Cut Leather Craft Cutting Machine for Various of Materials https://a.co/d/bSVXGYR

$400 cheaper

7 Likes

Yeah that’s actually what AVD recommended to people before they came out with their own

@MondoLabs

$208 to $245 via Amazon. Might be the single best thing Amazon has ever done for me… allows me to fill and cap 50 1g carts in 4.5 min. The AVD EZ-Press carts make screw-ons and the original press-ons look silly. Not being able to get the caps back off (to “recover” cart filling mistakes) is the only negative we have encountered. On the flip side, the mouthpieces can spin (once permanently on), and I like that this allows me to orient my duckbill mouthpieces with how I hold my vape cart battery.

Weird that Jupiter/CCELL did not seriously jump into the ez-press game sooner than not yet.

Tangentially: Where did all the 1g 1mm carts go in the US? They seem much harder to find from my typical US sources right now. (P.S. No, I do not need any free cart samples). Instead, I am just curious why the 1mm aperture (disposable) carts have recently become so hard to find in the US. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Demand for 1.0 mm aperture cartridges has fallen off significantly in the past few years following the 2019 vaping health crisis.

1.0 mm aperture carts were mostly used for CBD/MCT oil formulations and I’m not aware of anybody using MCT as a carrier these days.

I can get you some 0.5mL glass or plastic AVD EZ Press carts or CCELL M6T05 0.5ml plastic carts with 1.0mm apertures if you’re looking for them.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested.

You can contact us for most beautiful design with competitive price.

What price range are the avd carts? Same as ccell?
1.50-2?
2-3?
3+?

1 Like

@Thetetraguy checkout brandking.com

$1.36 for the “Goodcart” eazy press has a higher defect rate.

$1.96 for the regular avd eazy press lower defect rate

$2.30 for the ceramic eazy press

And this is pricing before tips are added. Tips range from 0.27-0.34 roughly

3 Likes

AVD cartridges are among Vape-Jet’s most frequently filled vape cartridges. We get a lot of customer feedback on hardware, and across the board our customers using AVD all have had good things to say.

"AVD’s commitment to consistency, innovation, and quality control is the reason all Vape-Jet systems get pre-shipped with AVD profiles. Their hardware is what we use for final validation because we can count on it to be reliable.” - Ryan Hoitt, Vape-Jet CEO

We just posted an article today regarding AVD hardware, which includes several customer testimonials if you want to check them out.

Are we talking about the original AVD or the AVID/AVEO? Because that whole situation has me super confused on what I’m supposed to be buying as far as the “real” AVD.

6 Likes

AVD is a brand that is sold and marketed by Next Level Ventures, who was granted an exclusive license for 5 years by Hanna Carfield.

The Trademarks for Eazy Press and SmartPulse are owned by Jonathan Carfield.

You can see the earliest mention of AVD back in 2018 on Jonathan’s IG account “avd_founder”

The products were designed, engineered and manufactured in Shenzhen by them using third-party manufacturers they both helped set up while living and working in Shenzhen full-time.

In September 2021, Next Level stopped paying them and defaulted on over $3M USD. By withholding payment, they contacted the factory directly and negotiated to pay the factory directly and essentially stealing and cutting out the Carfield’s.

Furthermore, The wordmark “Advanced Vapor Devices” was filed by Alex Kwon of Next Level back in 2020 without their knowledge and likely violates the Langham Act, which is currently being reviewed. Thus, showing an attempt by the “distributor” to interfere with the distribution agreement and attempt to steal the business and brand from the rightful owners and founders.

As discussed, in a different post recently, the old Chinese factory and “potentially” Next Level and their law firm have colluded in criminal activities that are now being uncovered and investigated.

Criminal charges are being brought in China toward the old factory for theft, embezzlement, and other interference. Attempts to contact the old factory owner have been told that he is “out of the country.” :joy:

The Carfield’s have continued their consulting work for our team and we launched the new brand www.aveo710.com. They are also working on some new products in partnership with another major leading e-cig factory as well.

Customers who have switched to AVEO have experienced receiving the same Eazy Press/Easy Press cartridges but at lower prices. Often, $.20 to $.30 per unit less.

Many have claimed that AVD’s quality and consistency continue to go down, as the Carfield’s no longer directly manage the supply chain for AVD.

Additionally, through AVEO, their next generation heating coil and Easy Press cartridge will soon be launched that improves filling and capping efficiency, along with better flavor, smoother hits and integrated temperature control built-into the ceramic formulation eliminating the need for special low voltage batteries to be used. Essentially, the ceramic heats up but has built-in regulation so that once the core hits ideal vaping temperature, it won’t get hotter and burn volatile terpenes.

The next generation coil also increases absorption by 10% and produces increased clouds and richer and silkier vapor production with minimal draw effort.

We will be handing out samples at this years MJ Bizcon in Las Vegas next month.

AVEO is sold through a network of distributors in North America with inventory available in CA, CO, OH, and Vancouver (Canada).

2 Likes

Naturally, you’re going to be told by the “sales folks” at Next Level that they are the “real AVD” because they aren’t getting a commission check if they told you the truth. :joy:

2 Likes

I am REALLY trying to stay out of the poo-flinging going on between AVEO / AVD. So I will specify that my post is specifically about AVD (AKA Next Level) not AVID/AVEO.

I don’t have any data, customer reports, or claims to make about AVID/AVEO at this time, as we simply haven’t seen enough of them in the wild to make such determinations.

I will make a specific claim here, and say that this has not been our experience nor have we received any feedback from customers of AVD (Next Level) that this is the case. We monitor the data coming from our machines, and have not seen anything but reliable and repeatable results from AVD (Next Level)

I will say that AVD hasn’t been active on these boards to provide a rebuttal to what AVID has been claiming. My best guess is that their lawyers have told them to STFU until the dust settles and these lawsuits are wrapped up, but that is just a guess. I have no inside information to share, and if I did I wouldn’t be posting about it while everything is this litigious.

This confusion sucks for for the market. The only winners at the moment are the lawyers billing hourly. I hope that one way or another it gets decided so we can stop having to clarify “what” AVD we are talking about.

6 Likes

The irony here is that VapeJet has had calls and emails with Mr. Carfield in the past when he was supplying Next Level and introduced as the founder of the company.

The fact is, Mr. Carfield doesn’t work with Next Level or it’s old factory.

We also mentioned that we have heard customers “claim” lower quality. We have no factual evidence to support their “claims” either, except that they’ve become customers of AVEO.

There could be a variety of other reasons they made the switch: better pricing. access to innovation. Maybe simply they didn’t like their sales rep. Who knows?

However, “fair competition” and “credit for innovation” by those that do this for a living should be universal and if there is fowl play and theft, then it should be disclosed.

I highly doubt VapeJet would be cool if their brand and innovation was brazenly stolen and misrepresented either.

1 Like

I would also suggest that “Next Level” hasn’t been posting because they don’t want “the story” being told.

They can hide behind legal strategies that will delay the outcome for years and profit from dirty play and unfairly earn millions that helps finance their legal strategies.

Anyone who understands legal strategies sees this playbook from a mile away.

In the meantime, the founders and owners have been financially harmed and forced to spend legal dollars at the same time.

2 Likes

Hello, Can you clarify 2.3$ is an online retail price or a landed price or a wholesale price? I think this AVD Eazy Price Full Ceramic Cartridge price is not too competitive. As most full ceramic cartridge price range will be about 0.5-1.5$, which includes the mouthpiece.

As a person who hasn’t really been following the news around vape hardware, this was fun to dig into and by no means a straightforward case. However, it seems like litigation sided with AVD in the end. Thoughts??
AVD victorious in international arbitration against AVID Holdings (dba: AVEO) a Jonathan Carfield company. | Business Wire
I’ve reached out for a sample pack from AVEO. The press-release is an interesting innovation that solves a big testing problem. Looks like I’ve got some product sampling to do! :wink:

1 Like

I rigged a C clamp with a drill chuck and a 510 thread attached to opposite ends of the clamp and it opens AVD/any press on cart very well. Made one for the lab and they use for tons of different carts.

4 Likes

that’s dope af. You mind sharing a pic?

4 Likes