Anybody using AVD hardware?

I was told their hardware has been winning all kinds of awards out here in California, just wanted to see if the community had any input or opinions.

What was you experience with the hardware?

What was your failure rate? How does the rate compare to other carts you’ve tried?

Any drawbacks to the EZ-press mouthpiece?

Out of 5 points, how would you rate customer support? 0 being the worst, 5 being the best.

Any inputs appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

I just reluctantly ran 500 AVD pen style disposables, with a screw on mouth piece.

They have been awesome. I’ve gotten one single pen back dead. They hit great. They aren’t very “cool” looking. And they are the old micro USB charging which sucks now that everything is USB-C but the carts are great.

I tend to fill mine with 100% decarbed sugar, but this run had 2% terps added back and they run great.

4 Likes

I didn’t even know they had screw-on tops.

I’m glad that you’re happy with them. 1/500 is a pretty good ratio. That’s encouraging.

Everything they’re marketing currently involves the “EZ-Press” tops. Which has it’s obvious advantages, but being the skeptic I am I was hoping to find some negatives.

Just looking for that horror story. There’s always atleast 1.

I’ve been using them for 3 years now? About…450,000 carts or so.

They are solid on metals testing, no leeching.

The easy press is way easier than previous models - and with the new jig/press they have out for ~$750 you can do 50 at a time easy. Using your thumbs sucks.

I used their C2 before the EZ press. I agree that they aren’t super pretty - but they are fully functional. I still get some issues. Some get damaged in transport for instance, even after filled. Sometimes customers drop them and they crack/break. Sometimes the lids leak (rare but happens). All in all less than 1% failures in general.

I recently had someone for the first time do a return because the cart didn’t fire, first time in the last 3 months that happened. And thousands of carts made. Happens sometimes - let AVD know about the batch with the issues.

Pricing is super good - and they are legal manufactured in China, etc. - which is awesome cause that means no new supply chain issues and stuff.

Customer support is pretty solid. They have good videos and SOPs for filling, capping, and even taking things apart for testing.

The EZ-Press is not refillable and is hard as fuck to take apart. x.X so if you wanted to reclaim, you have to saw the end of the thing off and pull out the plunger seal. Honestly, that’s the one thing I hate. Cause sometimes I want to reclaim oil - and having to smash/bash/saw things sucks.

7 Likes

You raise an interesting point about the reclaim.

I hestitate to assume but from reading your post, I highly doubt you represent the stereotypical vape consumer.

Is the ability to reclaim really that big of an issue? Like how often do you hear that complaint or is that just a personal preference?

Ah. This is because I want to be able to get the oil out for testing and that kind of stuff. I know some people also want to be able to get the last of the last out of everything.

Personally - I like refillables, all about sustainability. I haven’t found customers share my opinion on that though.

But for testing and that kind of stuff - being able to open them easily is important. I legit have to use a Dremel and break it into pieces, and that’s the SOP from the vendor to take them apart. -shrug-

1 Like

Has anyone used the Urth disposables from AVD/AVEO? Been looking for a different disposable and they seemed pretty neat!

3 Likes

I received 2 samples and they both clogged really bad on the 2nd day of using them. I was able to get them slightly un clogged blowing thru the bottom but they had very light vapor production after that. Really good vapor production and amazing flavor the 1st day though

Hmm. What oil were you using? What terp content?

There we go! avd is a good brand, i know them well

Has anyone worked with the AVD ceramics? I was going to go with them for my next batch. Usually use their glass/metal ones in the past.

I noticed their glass/metal ones are 1ml with a 2mm oil inlet. But their ceramics are 1ml with a 1.5mm inlet. They have a .5ml with a 1.7mm inlet, but I was surprised they don’t offer a 1ml w/ 2mm inlet.

Usually work with mechanically separated and decarbed live. Anyone have personal experience with the new 1ml 1.5mm carts? Has the coil been changed or are they just made for thinner oils?

I am almost positive the inlet size is intentionally smaller in a ceramic only cartomizer.

Basically you heat the ceramic much more efficiently than try to heat a cotton pack, and requires less surface area, to prevent higher propensity of clogging.

But don’t quote me.

All my ceramic only have been 1.8 to 2m before. I haven’t tried their new ceramic, because I love their standard C3 EX Press. I will request some samples and see how it performed.

I always hate how things look in ceramic…discoloration, customers thinking that they can get that very last 0.05mL out - because it looks like more than it actually is, etc. -sigh-

Why are you buying carts made in China and supporting slave labor instead of supporting American small businesses?
Also you must be manufacturing for some sort of scale, I hope if there are workers theyre being paid a livable wage (23-33/hr) minimum depending on location and if there are no employees I hope youre not making a evil capitalistic profit off of this… I’m looking to grab carts from you are near cost if possible please DM me. I have sick people who need meds and cannot afford higer than 3$ per cart

EAT THE RICH

2 Likes

You know of smaller American business making ceramics carts? Or hardware at all? Please share. I do all the processing and work myself. I pay very well for label design and printing, also in house. Wish I could give you free meds, maybe one day I can help support you if you’re in need. Heck, I would give you some for free if we met just because I can.

Thanks for the kind best intentions comment.

3 Likes

Started using AVD 10-12 months ago and we love em. Really no issues at all to even complain about so far… We left BBTank for them because we needed press-on tips and BBTank couldn’t make the BBTank X press-ons without the cartridge breaking under the pressure.
We use the AVD C3 with the press tops and the EZ press kicks ass. The EZ press can be applied with pressure just from your hands and we haven’t been able to pull any of them off without breaking the cartridge lol.

We use the ATG filler and their press to cap 50 at a time. AVD partners with ATG and ships us the cartridges in 50 unit foams that we can take out of the box, put directly onto the filler, and then directly into the capper… it has streamlined our production in a huge way. Capping was our bottleneck when we were using screw ons, but this has made capping literally 50x faster.

Customer service is always great too. Evan is my POC over there.
Nothing but good things to say about those guys.

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’ve seen a lot of people seem to be using these for solventless cartridges, going to get a sample pack and see how they function.

HTE/Decarbed Diamonds. Terps usually around 10%

Haven’t worked much with that, but I would assume that at terp content it should be less likely to clog. I just received my samples and feel like a big stupid because I thought that the Urth was a 2mL. We will try it out anyway just to see how it performs but at their sub 1k price points for only 1mL it does seem pretty expensive for what I am currently looking to do.

1 Like