Anybody do CRC to Eliminate the need for Distillation

Maybe someone can chime in here but getting bulk 0ppm solvent is quite difficult too especially with alcohols and water, wouldn’t distillation still be necessary after chromatography? I’ve always done it for color and for assurance I’ll never fail a test. Are there people going from chromatography to solvent reco to consumer in cart applications (or period for that matter?).

3 Likes

I just read crude oil. You can pack a column with stainless packing and run it in the loop easy. If you want to crash out CBD decarb it first, run your CRC well enough and all your going to get is crashing isolate in collection.

1 Like

My assumption is that OP is PRIMARILY making D8/D9 from CBD.

I agreed they did ALSO ask about crude => carts sans distillation.

Given the current asking prices for recarb, Isolate is probably not a viable option for their converted “oil”.

If they had a CLS, I suspect they would not be converting CBD

1 Like

Lol I probably should have read the entire thread before I slapped out a reply…i just read the op poorly

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the posting. It sounds like any alternatives to Distilling are just as labor intensive. Guess I gotta put my big girl panties on!

2 Likes

Get yourself an imported WiFE?

Numbers game: is your WFE a goer?

ISO cheap-ish WFE

Why is 0 PPM important?

It would have been said better No Detect. 0 ppm/ND is how most distillates come out for solvent testing, and as a distillate you usually want the least amount of flavor and impurity. Talking about APIs its a whole other story. So I’m wondering for the sake of this conversation if that’s achievable without distillation in the scheme somewhere post chromatography. I suppose a high vac line would work too? Idk

Learn how to make a proper bleaching reactor cake and you will never need distillation or need to replace media but every year or so.

2 Likes

You got my attention please elaborate

This reminds me of the opening and ending to consumer reports with David Horowitz back in the 80s

“If a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is”

Well considering most oleochemical refineries don’t replace their cakes but every 5 years and milk faculties like 10…

1 Like

And that’s great but how does it correlate?

Cannabis crude is a oleochemical? Where do you think all the processes info/knowledge came from?

Here is a spoon -unless you want to call me and ask - Bleaching fats and Purifying Oils: Theory and practice.

1 Like

I can see you bleaching with it but purification on the same level as distillation?

Yes the only oleochemicals that is distilled is canola oil - and now cannabis -and that’s because it needs to be deordorized and it’s all for marketability with color and smell. Which btw is the reason why canola oil is causing brain problems.

It’s interesting because a lot of the things we take out in oleochemicals is actually the put back in for shelf life etc

Tocopherols and phytosterols etc

2 Likes

Are you capable of purifying extract that way? Are you seriously saying that had canola oil not be distilled it would be safer to use?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17373-3

It’s because of the isomerization and aldehydes that are created in deodorization.

1 Like

But where is a study that says that the distillation of the oil is the problem?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/257729837_Minor_Components_in_Canola_Oil_and_Effects_of_Refining_on_These_Constituents_A_Review

All the things being removed protect you. Same reason why RSO is great.

1 Like