Any way to spot honey cut?

Long story short. I have been buying liters/half liters from the same source for quite some time now. Ever since the vitamin E scare i slowed down a bit with my cart making. I had a half liter from ages ago that I basically put away for a rainy day.

When I started heating up the distillate today I noticed the consistency was slightly different than what I am used to. I saw bubbles that looked slightly different. I may just be paranoid here but wanted your guys advice as I have no way of contacting manufacturer.

Is it common for bulk distillate to be cut with vitamin E?

Is there any way that I can tell that it has been cut?

Should I just trash it and put it into edibles or something instead?

Appreciate your input

there is a thread on the subject here

3 Likes

If it’s cut it will be soft

also if there was a red ring formed at the top that is a good indicator there is little to no vitamin E because it is an anti oxidant

6 Likes

Thank you very much ill wait for it to cool down a bit.

Do you think a spoon at room temperature would be good tester? I’m pretty familiar with how hard it is to spoon out normally. I’m guessing if it’s easier to spoon out I should avoid it?

Thanks a shitload btw i just want to keep everybody safe

Checked it out thank you. Seems like the water test didn’t work right?

so if you have a standard quart jar or similar and it is half way or even 1/4 way of full. Let it be at room temp ~68f and place it on its side it should last around a minute before showing any real movement.

Note that only delta9 is rock hard the other cannabinoids are softer so 90-95% d8 distillate is good but will still fail that test explained above because it is usually much softer

edit also there are labs in mass and maine that test for vitamin E I see youre in mass so MCR Labs in framingham will do it and I am pretty sure the first two are free

6 Likes

You’re the man thank you. I’ll let it cool down a bit and I’ll check back in later. Am definitely going to take it to MCR labs just to be safe.

no problem man Ive been thru the wringer lol

Tried to be sold fake clear shatter :white_check_mark:
Sold 25% CBD cut THC distillate :white_check_mark:
Sold liters of tail fractions :white_check_mark:
Tried to be sold 5L of CBD :white_check_mark:
Sold low testing refluxed CBD to D8 :white_check_mark:
Tried to be sold pine resin shatter :white_check_mark:

The BM is full of con-men and scams I don’t trust anything anymore. Most labs will do a 24-48hr test for 100$ if you call them and explain its urgent. Im very close to just buying the 10k GC from SRI

10 Likes

Holy fuck LOL. Yea the black market is full of shady shit. The guy I get it from gets it from a fairly reputable black market extractor. Who really knows though. Everything in the past has been rock hard. Just tossed this into the freezer, gunna check on it in like 20 minutes. Morally I don’t think he would do anything to harm anyone but at the same time nobody thought vitamin e was harming anybody at the time so who knows. I’d say it probably isn’t cut because the guy I purchase from only makes extremely large orders.The half liter has been out of his hands for probably 6 months now so he probably figures it was long gone.

1 Like

Damn @anon56994712!!
Man, people really are about these scams it’s crazy! Everywhere.
The good guys will win :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@tom_foolery at its best.
Lol

My disty, it’s super thick at room temp (78ish). Its bruised my palm.digging into a jar to make a jar up. Reason why my heat gun is always out now.

@futurewhis
I’d find a better guy to source from if you have doubts. Doubts lead to mistrust. Mistrust leads to loss of $ and or sick people.

1 Like

My finger is definitely going into it fairly easily as opposed to previous batches. I might be overthinking it just based off of what I have had in the past. It’s still very thick though and same dark color but slightly softer. I’ve had it sitting around for a while so Idk if that makes a difference.

The guy who sends it to me is a very good, honest guy. n No mistrust there as we do very honest business. He takes care of us with whatever we need. He spends probably like 30-60k at a time with the guy doing the extracting purely as a side business for us. He told me if it comes back positive for vitamin E the extractor is going to be royally fucked.

Anyone tried the uv test on vite e?

I have a bottle of floraplexs vite e dilutent, and 5 jars of disty. Just no uv (a/b) light.

if its mixed in I dont think you would be able to tell. Im making some edibles here in a second maybe Ill spike the batch of distillate with some vitamin E lol

2 Likes

Haven’t looked into it but it’s prly edible, idk tho hah.

Is honey cut that clear? All the distillate i’ve received is a dark amber color. The distillate in question is the same exact color as what i’ve always gotten. I wonder to what extent the honeycut would change the distillate color.

Man that sure would be nice to have in-house analytics

1 Like