Any at home tests we can do to check for vitamin e death juice?

I was reading something on ig about the vitamin e dissolving in water??? Curious on what people here think if anyway for home testing. Its a real shit show on the east coast rn of misinformation and pushing agendas

6 Likes

Take a sample & wash it with water, vitamin e is water soluble

2 Likes

No its not, the water tech won’t work at all. Tocopheryl acetate is oil soluble, and so is distillate.

3 Likes

Shall we?

7 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I saw on IG, I had a screaming 2yr old at the time and it didn’t quite register. I have a unopened sample bottle of @FloraplexTerpenes death juice, I’m going to see what happens with it. Thanks for the “free” sample floraplex

2 Likes

Vitamin E acetate is actually not water soluble (less than 1 mg/mL at 63° F (NTP, 1992). Source: alpha-Tocopherol acetate | C31H52O3 - PubChem

For reference on solubility if you’re not familiar with the mg/mL scale:

Low water solubility: less than 10 mg/L or 10 ppm1

Moderate water solubility: 10-1,000 mg/L or 10-1,000 ppm1

High water solubility:more than 1,000 mg/L or 1,000 ppm1

1. Ronald Ney, “Fate and Transport of Organic Chemicals in the Environment” 1995; p. 10

Source: Water Solubility

Additionally in the post that you linked photon has updated his thread to show that the water test doesn’t work for vitamin E actetate.

5 Likes

Shit I didn’t read the update so that will be my bad then. I honestly even went to his profile to view it just now even as I have it shared on mine but only the first page. My b on that. Updates are important :joy::man_shrugging:t3::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Still stands as a wash tek though to see if your cut with a soluble product.

yeah I’m actually the person who brought it up to photon that this doesn’t work lol

3 Likes

Shit man. Was really hoping there was a easy test like this. I know there’s 1000s upon 1000s of counterfeits in philly,most likely all are cut with this shit. And the stupid custy base will vape ANYTHING! My neighbor just asked me yesterday, if i wanted to hit his dank pen…You couldn’t pay me last year, to hit a dank or any counterfeit that’s flooded the market…

4 Likes

Theres are hundreds of thousands black market Vape carts sold every month. Is bet at least 60% are cut with more then 25% honey cut. I know people buying it by the 50gallon drum. Turning 1L into 2 is the new hot thing this year

1 Like

10 in 100 out :fire::fire::fire::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This shit is out of hand and really makes the few good guys left look really bad

2 Likes

Nah the few good guys are cool for now. Right now their forces will be diverted to people that cut. These subpoenas will contain addresses, those addresses get watched. Bank accounts will be watched. I think that would take a ton of resources on the governments part.

The research chemical epidemic had many more fatalities before a serious response was assembled. They have to have a sensational “reason” to ban something. RC’s existed after the ban because there was a demand from users.

No one is smoking vitamin e recreationally.

5 Likes

I know there’s a specific dye that works for identifying triglycerides but I doubt it would work for vitamin E.

I’m sure it has a unique reaction to marquis, mecke, mandelin, and simon reagents. I have some vitamin-e capsules from Walgreens and I’d test them right now but my reagent kits have degraded and are no longer of use.

Can’t find any qualitative data online on vitamin-e color change when exposed to these reagents, only found vitamin c.

2 Likes

Only thing I could find for testing is oxidation with a oxide

1 Like

there’s not much you can do in that situation, if the customer wants to vape anything that has the cheapest price point, they have to be okay with the possibility of vaping poison and dying. Let natural selection run its course…

5 Likes

That’s the main problem,there’s no price point for carts in philly. People are paying top dollar already 60+ for 1g counterfeit rove,tko,dank… Only other choice you have is, paying 400 for med card then 70 for 1/2g bottom shelf cart, and turn in ccw permit. Can eat all the doctors pills in the book and carry a gun, but can’t have that devil’s lettuce and a gun.

6 Likes

I was hoping vitamin E would fluoresce under uv.

2 Likes

What’s to stop people who are sitting on a few thousand of these adulterated carts from just jacking up the price and claiming “zero cut”?

5 Likes