Any poker players in NorCal

I’m a west coast guy, always have been. The mob is only in the movies for me…lol

Not saying there aren’t some groups of bad mfers in my area (because there is and the missing person list in my area is pretty wild). But not the mob

Note: I don’t gamble and don’t run with people that do much of anything illegal. So maybe I’m just not in the right circles haha

1 Like

Ya know maybe your right, can’t say as I’ve never been out west and everyone I ever known there is through the telephone.

I for sure never made a dime playing. It’s the scene/life that drew me in. All the hustlers, bookies, rich business guys w/ their Lambo’s and Bentley’s… Hustle during the day then smoke, pop a few vicky’s and play cards all night and do it again the next day! Lot’s of the chicks that deal cards are loose too!. Ahhh man, those were the best yrs of my life!.. Street life, I’ve out grown it but I’ll always miss it!

Oh and when I mentioned $600hr that’s what the spots are making on the rake per hour in a $1-$3 blind cash game… Wonder how I know that…

2 Likes

Sounds like a different world than where I’m at! Not doubting it’s out there, I just haven’t experienced it over here!

2 Likes

The mob still exists on the east coast. It’s like saying there are no Asian gangs on the east coast but in movies but I know damn well there are Asian gangs along the west coast.

Different geographic regions are run by differ to groups. Try going to Boston and saying the Irish mob don’t exist. Lol. Or NY NJ without seeing the Italian families. We have Haitian and s. American cartels here. Just cause you don’t see these families don’t mean they don’t still run shit.

6 Likes

There out here too, anywhere theres money to be made they are there.

5 Likes

Yup, I know from experience they stay in the shadows. The only ones you’ll here about are the ones selling drugs. All the other rackets are so worked out and smooth they don’t get pinched.

We have “Gangs” here but not like out west. So I could be wrong just doubt the connected guys don’t have they’re hand in the pot (not weed lol) out west.

Back east there’s still a culture from that present. I would say somewhat of an echo from earlier times when the mob was really a lot bigger. On the west coast you don’t have to worry about Italians. Worry about the blinged out Mexicans.

1 Like

There are things like youtube that I don’t serve directly from our servers, that are linked in from the outside our control. If you click details it likely shows the source of the insecure connection. I’d be interested to see what it says.

For instance here is a list of my current connections, coming from future4200.com, as seen by umatrix. Note the connections my browser is making to imgflip, kslnewsradio, tyimg and rubberfab, all things linked here…

I don’t mind spinning up a games.future4200.com for open source multiplayer based games. Preferably html5 based.
https://enginepoker.com/ - If someone hooks it up with 20-30k or find a better source for code on the matter we can start with poker… my 20 second google search didnt yield much.

f4200 coins?!?!

2 Likes

I was just there a few days ago! Took the house for a smooth $35.

1 Like

There’s quite a few Asian games, but (I think?) mostly they run Mahjong

2 Likes

You know what your talking about. The underground poker scene in Miami is crazy. I have played games in multimillion dollar full floor penthouses with table spread throughout. It was a Russian group back then that ran that game.

1 Like

I love poker. I did well in a tournament in AC, (which is one weird pocket of a world) then got absolutely annihilated at the five dollar tables, so I broke even. There’s lifers at those tables, too hungry and stubborn to leave, and they grind away at your hopes and dreams with their slightly better pair. It hurts so good tho

Makes you feel like bukowski having a bad day at the races.

Cant (or dont want to) imagine the stress of that underground lock stock and two smoking barrels type poker tho

2 Likes

I took a mob bookie for 5 racks one night. Until we laughed it off I would call and make sure he wasn’t playing before I went down.

4 Likes

My grandma said some of my sicilian family members were bookies in the 1900s. My dad reads books on poker and my grandpa is definitely a gambling addict. He would get so upset if someone messed up the flow of the game lol. Like chill out gramps it’s just family poker night

3 Likes

I got scammed in a mob game- in an “italian club” a bar only open to members or invited poker. Free food- big salad, chicken and beef milanese in gravy. Massage girls. And COOLER poker hands and cheating dealers. i didnt lose much at all but sussed them out by folding a strong hand and watching their frustration, the deck was stacked. I saw the guy fake shuffle and his gf was the dealer and then i get a good hand and they are all drooling>? fold and watch them freak out. Same bf and dealer were working th local plo games because shes one of the few plo deales- she has skills because she cheats.

2 Likes

Plo used to be my life blood. Nothing gets my heart pumping like double suited aces in a 3 bet pot

1 Like

Last time I played plo I lost to the owner of the poker room. It wasnt cheating but he got quads/ it was the last hand of the night too.

Hey.
If you have some crypto you can try to play bitcoin poker