Any one know how to use this glass column for pesticide removal?

Hello everyone
Recently I run into pesticide problem. So I search for pesticide removal tech, and most of them I saw are slow.
Then I saw people using large glass column, with filler/filter, for pesticide removal. Anyone know the SOP for this glass column. I am getting this glass column later this month. What to figure out how to use it.
Any help will be very appreciated.

2 Likes

Heres a start.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Oh, this glass column is called “Chromatography Column”, first time to know.

1 Like

We can help :v:

What we need is good, affordable chinese columns!!!

7 Likes

They’re marketing it as such but nothing makes this unique to chromatography. It is, however, large enough perform a number of purification methods on at least 300g at a time per column. How much are they trying to charge for this glassware?

1 Like

this is a really nice channel. Thx!!

1 Like

They are charging for $9500 per column. Is this too expensive?

I think you can find it for a few thousand cheaper – they’re really using “chromatography” to mark it up.

3 Likes

that is true. I could find a glass blower to make it. It is just a straight pipe

2 Likes

what is expensive is the sillica inside

4 Likes

Iv got 5.5ft x 24" wide coulmns i use to rememove thc, iv got them built personally. i paid with stand 5000.00.

5 Likes

My 6x48 can do 1.5 kg easy depending on the pesticide.

Not every pesticide is easy to do. Anyone done these with c-18 reverse phase?

4 Likes

@Krative, this is essentially the equipment I was discussing. I think the actual picture I’d mentioned may have been @Thedistillator’s setup he’d posted in a thread somewhere on here.

1 Like

you using stainless spools?

Im probably gonna go ahead and get a bunch of 12" diameter spools and fill em up with adsorbents before running 10 kilos of crude through

1 Like

Me and @CBNight have been looking into the cost of c-18 reverse phase silica and the stuff is expensive. That is the real cost like @qma said.

Recently, ive been talking to a few companies trying to get my Silica Gel 60a price down. All of them carry c-18 but its so expensive its kinda scared us away from playing yet till we see some other member do it.

6 Likes

No. Just standard research gravity column. I pick my pesticides carefully so I just run the easy ones or very low amounts of the others. A few Cat 1’s that concentrate in extracts are the most difficult things I’ll do.

2 Likes

With a stainless steel column, could you use temperature to judge when different fractions elute?

TLC is the classic technique

2 Likes