Any insight on this pump? Thx

Has anyone used one of these rotary vane pumps with a removable module .
Seems easier than paying for a service or replacing the pump all together

Any insight?
@Soxhlet or anyone else.

Im assuming ETL listed is like UL listed??

Here is the original post:

HIGHVAC has released its ETL listed Rotary Vane pump.

Since all rotary vane pumps seem to have a limited lifespan when used for extraction, we thought it would be helpful to design the pump to quickly replace the Module instead of pulling an entire pump out and rebuilding.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGaWNtXB9az/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Most rotary vane pumps can be fairly easily decoupled from the motor but Iā€™m not sure what the real benefit is.

3 Likes

If oil changes are the issue we make a cart that tips the rotary vane vacuum pump with a hydraulic piston.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF2mq1FhQS2/

Like @SidViscous mentioned, most if not all pumps can be separated from the motor.

4 Likes
1 Like

Oh ok guess it was just me not trusting myself to do it. As i hasnā€™t preciouslu seen it advertised by the pump company

1 Like

ETL is similar to UL in the sense that they are both nationally recognized testing laboratories (NRTLā€™s) much like CSA up here in canada. ETL is not ā€˜newā€™ to the game but they are not as common as UL or CSA. I know that that are less expensive to achieve certification through though. but people love seeing UL or CSA as opposed to the less popular ETL. Same thing though. yea.

2 Likes

That is correct. The Highvac pumps have ETL listed rotary vane pumps that conform to UL STD 1450

1 Like

The thinking behind selling the module is that you could replace just the module instead of the entire pump in a matter of mins. If you where to remove the entire pump for rebuild/replacement you would have to disconnect power and remove the heavy booster.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a dope idea personally. I run all my pumps heavily, even with regular oil changes. I still need regular rebuilds. After finding out some Pump companies canā€™t actually rebuild their pumps. Iā€™m all for quick swaps.

Iā€™d swoop one if I didnā€™t literally just buy a pump on Monday :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah iā€™ve noticed you can take most pumps apart but when u call for the gaskets and seals they say they donā€™t have em and to ā€œlook onlineā€ just seems nice that they specifically advertised the changing process and the warranty it comes withā€¦

Maybe ill swoop one soon and let u know how she runs

1 Like