Any at home tests we can do to check for vitamin e death juice?

Best comment in this forum. Lol

Med carts are the only legal carts in NY and Pharmacannis sells them with no markings on the cart. Tastes like PEG and reclaim. The sales girl told us indica for nightime sativa for daytime. New York trapped behind Cuomos Stainless Curtain.

4 Likes

As per what I saidā€¦ avoid black market vapes unless your supplier is trust worthy and there extractors are reputable.

But even your so called "legal dispensary " carts were testing badā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

The sad part is iā€™ve called numerous labs, and had zero luck to get any individual testing done. I have a med card in Florida, but even a local lab told me they couldnā€™t legally test THC products for vitamin-e unless it was from a state licensed dispensary.

Out of state labs told me they couldnā€™t because I canā€™t mail it in from another state.

Basically so far we are SOL and itā€™s crazy because it should be about harm reduction not ā€œwell go ahead and die if you choose to smoke black market cartsā€

I know a few ppl who run local chapters of Dance Safe iā€™m going to reach out to (and even bunk police), but i doubt thereā€™s anything ā€œat-homeā€ available yetā€¦ hopefully ā€“ maybe ā€“ sometime soon.

1 Like

I would assume an in-home TLC kit would work. Dissolve in alcohol, the elution of vitamin E should be much later than the cannabinoids.

2 Likes

Visualization?

Fast blue? UV shadow?
?!?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what we see in the chromatography by HPLC. Vit E acetate and Vit E come out after the cannabinoids. I bet you can create an in-home test kit that will, at the very least, distinguish cannabinoids vs larger cutting agents like vitamin e acetate but I am just spit balling over here.

1 Like

Someone just did a fluorescence with vite e and disty next to it. The vote e did not have a hue.

Vitamin E will seperate in the cart after prolonged storage, maybe 1- 1 1/2 months. If you want to know if your connect is using it flip upside down and store for a while. Youā€™ll see the dark vit e on one side and the clear oil on other.

Are you positive thatā€™s not just oxidation?

1 Like

isnt vitamin e an antioxidant ive had a bottle for about a year its still as clear as water

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had any vitamin E, but perhaps does it have a unique texture different to distillate that you could feel, like oily or something.

1 Like

I cannot be 100% but can say there is a different look from ones with and without after semi long term storage.

In my experience the antioxidant effects never translated to long term clarity after mixing and filled. Always wound up darker in time than ones without.

Around when the crisis started I asked the dream team to look into a tech to make simple culprit test I am not sure if they followed up on it
@anon93688 @richpel. Any advances or option s us simple minded Souls can look for

3 Likes

3 dispos here in Michigan had random carts tested. Failed for vitamin e acetate.

Wtf!

3 Likes

Ester hydrolysis. Acetate smells like vinegar.

3 Likes

care to elaborate?

any idea what sort of levels we mortals can detect ā€œsmells like vinegerā€?
or what sort of sample size to achieve say 5% cut detection?

most home users donā€™t want to destroy the entire 1gm cart to see if itā€™s legit.

2 Likes