Any anesia or Humboldt Seed co strains you guys recommend?

Just tried the future no1 quite impressed with the quality was looking at there jealousy dankness and the gelato dream anyone tried these? what i’m ideally looking for is a blueberry hazy tasting strain not blue dream done that, also some of the humboltd seed co’s offerings look interesting blueberry cupcake,pancakes etc, any ideas ?

2 Likes

I grew out the blueberry muffin from HSC amd its pretty good overall. Tastes like its named. Decent high on her too.
Easy plant to grow with an average finish time. Yields are average

4 Likes

A lot of people liked Blueberry Muffin. Blueberry Cupcake is higher thc but less berry.

5 Likes

Agreed

Thanks guys will check those out have tried a few of humboldts older strains black dog was good tasty but too indica for me and their blue dream tasty but not strong enough will give some of their new offerings a go

Check out the Youtube reviews by HomeGrowTV, Dakota recently did a small test of Blueberry Cupcakes, Pancakes, and Muffins and he’s working with HSC on some pheno hunts in Columbia.

3 Likes

I’m growing their Jelly Donutz right now - its quite nice. :slight_smile:

I have also enjoyed their Gorilla Breath.

Their OG Kush is classic - not the east coast Chem Dawg like variety.

I’ve been interested to try some of their fast finishing seeds and see what the timeline vs weight looks like. :slight_smile:

I grow these in box Coco and Soil (different locations) And under LEDs (R&D grow) and HPS.

I agree with the assessment of the Blueberry Muffin - however, I did notice it was an under producer compared to many of their other strains (even Jelly Donutz!).

So I suppose it depends on what you are doing. I’ve moved towards some other local Michigan breeders many of which are doing old school with Gelato crosses.

I just started my Cheetah Piss x Gelato phenohunt for instance. :slight_smile:

Are you looking fruity? I’ve really been enjoying my Thug Pug Hawaiian Unicorn - chunky, delicious, fruity with a hint of musky spices.

2 Likes

cheers, yeah just looked up jelly donutz sounds nice, have heard the hella jelly good one for extraction and the thug pug hawaiian interesting grew out a hawaiian sativa while back great taste, similar to u grow indoor, leds an hydro, in summer il stick few outside just for hash tho.

bluerry cupcake to this day from HSC has been the realest blueberry in the lab iu have ever smelt.

4 Likes

is it a good washer ?

Made some great BHO… I’m not really a rosin boi.

4 Likes

I washed about a half p of blueberry muffin. It turned out spectacular. Open the fridge and BAM straight blueberry muffin cake

3 Likes

Cool, think u boys have sold it to me will try muffin and cupcake, yes I don’t do rosin either tend to do just iwe, dry sift and recently pentane Honey oil, prefer the hash tho

1 Like

Go with the cupcake and report back

Will do sounds just what am looking for :smiley:

I haven’t heard of any of the blueberry strains being amazing washers, if it doesn’t do well in fresh frozen just dry it then wash it right away. Found this to be more forgiving on strains like runtz/haze that don’t do well fresh frozen.

1 Like

yep a few strains have tried recently exceeded my regular gelato clone such as strawberry banana og but every one preferred the gelato bubble i’m happy to compromise a bit on yield for better taste and tolerance v.important to me. Yes I know what u mean about some strains not so good ff, I stopped doing FF only do fresh fridge chilled or dry material, found as long as i can process material within few days turns out better just fridge chilled ime, but yeah if can’t do it within few days off chop ill dry it for a week or so then wash, i knw some say they get better yield off FF, taking into account the weight loss in dryin, but I haven’t find much difference.

2 Likes

I’ve been running Vanilla Frosting from HSC for about a year now. I bought 10 seeds, 9 made it. Flowered out all 9, kept 4,6,8,9 and now having the hardest problem with deciding which ones to cull out. So far they all have similar characteristics, some have more vigor and shoot faster. They all produce about the same except number 8 which is the most purple and smallest flower size. I tend to average no less than one lb per 1K HID HPS. 8 of the 9 tend to show some purpling near the mid to end bloom. All are very strong, loaded with trichomes, the shatter (n-r600, cls, VP, non-crc) comes out a little darker than I like and the taste isn’t overly amazing but it is very potent! I haven’t had any issues with them so far except deciding which ones to keep. I’m not a company so I don’t send out for testing. I use cutting edge solutions npk and GH bio line for amendments (still can’t find an affordable organic npk :frowning: ), I use herculean harvest bone meal, molases in moderation and when I run out of gnatrol wdg i use 1/2 strength light topsoil application of pyrethrins early in the cycle. I was running co2 but didnt see an actual difference in weight or quality from it.
All in all I would run vanilla again but it just didnt have the impact like wedding cake or critical jack has had!

1 Like

Just a reminder to all, affordable lab testing is everywhere nowadays. If you are allowed to grow it, you can find a lab in your state that will test potency, sometimes for as little as $25. You don’t need to be a company with a lot of these labs, just hit the contact/request a quote button on their webpage and ask.

2 Likes

Cheers for the insight, am currently running the blueberry cupcake (bbxwedding cake) to turn into some nice hash, u say your using 1k hid have you considered the current led’s ? I ran HID’s for like 20 years but couple of years ago swapped to led units with samsung diodes and once dialled ime results are better than the sodiums i know many growers were put off by the 1st generation led’s ‘burples’ (blue/purple spectrum) but the full spec diodes are a world apart. To date best result was 1.3 g watt but i know some guys running kush in SOG getting 1.5g wt!

1 Like