Ants Harvesting Cannabinoids (crude)??

CRC :joy::joy::joy:
But nice find look into it after the season :fist_left:

2 Likes

I see those are some damn similar chemicals. I imagine some sort of chromo work up would be the only way. But small isolating systems can do around a liter per day. And a kilo a day would definitely keep the dr. Away

1 Like

You know any good sources for that grass in bulk?

A few years back I ordered some “Aq1” seeds and spread them around an open lot not far from my house. This was my source lol. @Bruce_leeroy

They tend to make the most alkaloids under drought conditions in semi arid regions.

3 Likes

:joy: takes mowing the lawn a whole new level

2 Likes

I heard it grows in lots of cow fields in Oregon and the cows avoid it… I haven’t ventured out to see if it’s p arundinacea or however ya spell it.
As an aside I have a theory related to a certain aromatic root beer tree in North America, hydrocarbons and a diamond miner, but I digress

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’ll only get safrole oil doing that (I could totally be wrong,) but, if it were that easy I’m sure it would be a much cheaper substance.

3 Likes

Well theoretically you would crash out the safrole from the essential oil just like diamonds. Thereby skipping the most cumbersome part of the process, and jumping right to oxidation into mdpa(mdp2p)

3 Likes

maybe we should start another thread called “Other uses for a CLS”
LPG is useful for all kinds of processes, many of which are not discussed in tech literature.

5 Likes

Polysaccharides which make up the denser sweeter terpenoid flavors are literally chained sugar molecules.

As far as bees go they will feed from many different flowers,

The sweet smelling molecules seem to retain their allure to bees in many forms.

1 Like

@fleshtrap Lol, talk about a circuitous thread, go look about 7-9 posts up and see why I say that…

2 Likes

You think itd be possible to cause separation even without safrole being crystalline? Just pressure, temp and evap time sorta thing?

I’d second that motion! I’d love to get some chemists to chime in on what hydrocarbons would be capable and efficent at extracting in different chemical environments (aka different plant sources).

1 Like

A lot of that type of information is on the nexus, shroomery, or the drugs forum. Those forums have done a very good job of curating the information that they’ve accumulated so it’s very easy to find what you’re looking for. @Bruce_leeroy

3 Likes

Meh I’d have to disagree to an extent. Imho nexus is a shit show on most topics in comparison to future4200. I just dont see the same dedication and scientific mindsets.
While it’s still a tool in the arsenal I think wed do better on this forum with the same questions

1 Like

Interesting! So I may be wrong about the lack of similar scent profiles between cannabis and other flowers!
I have some research to do now though!
I’m always interested in the non monoterp components of the cannabis profile

Yes I believe you can even pull from the biomass with etoh and bring down below -20 and it should still crash out as a crystal… I believe a rhodium page or Erowid page describing natural sources of essential oils described that tek
Thca is not a crystalline structure, despite what diamonds look like, it’s an amorphous solid, I believe

1 Like

Cannabis scents are made up of terpenes
Those terpenes are in nature in different combinations
I’ve smelled a very skunk smelling plant in Oregon that wasn’t weed.

1 Like

I would have to disagree with you brother, at least in regard to the nexus.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ#How_can_I_extract_DMT_from_phalaris.3F

The only real difference is the fact that they have an established wiki, ours isnt quite built yet.

2 Likes

I looked back over it and true, it’s better than I remembered. Last article I was looking at was talking about extraction techniques and if 2 liter soda bottles are a better extraction device than gallon milk jugs😂 @ScoobyDoobie

2 Likes