Another D8 raid

Ya I’ve seen a grow raided and then indictments 2 months later. They like to take their time when they aren’t sure what they’re looking at like I’m sure this case will be.

1 Like

This and if BCI says the level of d9 is higher than .3% you get axed lol

False. If this were the case then the bank’s lawyers wouldn’t agree with it. The text is clear and has been laid out extensively. We still need case law but simply reading the text does not make it illegal as you say.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you know ethos skids aren’t peer reviewed?

2 Likes

It’s not illegal under the analogue act, the CSA is what gives the AA power since d8 from hemp with under .3% d9 is excluded from the csa the AA can’t be applied

I’ve posted the link to the ruling on this

2 Likes

That’s all fine, but are you going to spend the money on a lawyer to do this for you? It’s a broken system and someone will just be pushed into some plea bargain with some probation as it is the more logical option. Just because you are right does not mean at all you will be done justice.

1 Like

“Police seized $5,000 worth of products.”

Is that the ‘street value’ on a L of purple?

3 Likes

Southern states cracking hard on D8, is it really a surprise? I mean they hate anything marijuana with a passion. Especially South Carolina not having medicinal nor recreational marijuana laws

3 Likes

Atlanta arrested ppl, SC didn’t

SC isn’t even really tripping compared to Atlanta

Atlanta has setup a task force for d8

I’m not a multimillion dollar manufacturer. I’m sure they have their teams.

Taking “the easy way” is not justice. Laws must be interpreted as written and its enforcers held accountable. I understand it’s a rocky road… but if no one does it, the abuse of power will get worse. Here’s hoping they follow through.

1 Like

NC not tripping either as long as formulated products are compliant.

That’s from the dept of AG

4 Likes

I’ve been concerned about all of this as I own a Hemp shop in a state that you cannot have more than the .3 THC levels. I was doing some research and found that Delta 8 can be produced from Hemp (.3 THC) and it can be produced from Delta 9 which would yield higher THC levels. With that being said I bet people are buying from companies making products from Delta 9 without even knowing. Know your vendors and ask questions.

This is the one I heard about state near me

Also heard they was gonna go through the state anyone selling d8 was gonna be raided

The first arrests will be for state drug law charges. The d8 loophole is federal. State courts are allowed to rule on federal law issues, but the judge has to recognize your argument as legitimate. It is within that state court judge’s discretion to rule the d8 farm bill loophole irrelevant and send you to jail. Then, likely from jail, you must wait until your appeal is heard by the state appeals court who will determine if the trial court erred. All of these things have to happen before you can ask the federal court to let you in, on the due process argument that you were actually doing something legal.

It is entirely possible that whoever wins the first great d8 victory in federal court will have served their state sentence and be out of jail by the time they “win” their case.

4 Likes

D8 sentences gonna be deferred charges and 11/29 supervision

what is that?? sounds like someone with intimate knowledge of the law…

worst case ontartio you show them the coa.pdf

1 Like

State sentencing. A misdemeanor is under 1 year (11 months 29 days) a sentence greater than 1 year is a felony.

Deferred means that they don’t “convict” you and dismiss the case after completion. This can apply to both misdemeanor or felonies at a state level.

Anyone jammed at a state level for D8 is getting this + fines or dismissal due to coa.pdf imo.

2 Likes

thanks for the explaination… Here they call that a 364… but thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

I think im going to start saying “Worst case Ontario” from now on

10 Likes