Ann Arbor Decriminalizes Fungi and Plant-Derived Psychedelic Drugs

Any bars or clubs worth checking out. Weber’s is excellent, really good lunch pricing as well

1 Like

All the clubs and bars that I know are good are within walking distance of each other just west of Main Street in the center of Ann Arbor. But I don’t know that there’s much of a night life going on with Covid restrictions.

Then there rapport, on the east side of Ann Arbor. It’s a bar restaurant that’s pretty good But I don’t know that side of he city very well.

One of my favorite stores is called bivouac. It’s right by the university And there’s a good authentic Chinese right around the corner. But it’s expensive and the wait to get your food is long.

Where are you located and what are you most interested in?

2 Likes

well, if Ann Arbor is anything like oakland (pretty sure its not much but have only been there once) then the cops might raid (cough steal) everything at a dispensary for the “plant” stuff. Supposedly they didnt look at the customer records tho, just taking like $200,000 cash

1 Like

Chicago also has a resolution before the courts based on Oaklands model.

1 Like

Banisteriopsis caapi vine and Psychotria viridis!

4 Likes

Both MDA and MDMA can be produced from MDP2P, and MDP2P can be produced from safrole oil.

But MDMA can’t be produced from MDA as far as I know.

It looks like they are leaning hard on wanting to say deemers are ok.

2 Likes

I think the wording "plant compound "would include extracted deems but states that its only decriminalized for possession, sale, transport and personal use, and doesn’t mention anything about extraction, so essentially the only thing you couldn’t do is extract it from the plant yourself

People gunna be smoking dmt on lunch break as the new norm

7 Likes

I think the world could use a little jungle music (Shpongle) from time to time.

5 Likes

We don’t already? Ha ha ha

7 Likes

Lol some things I’ll only try once. After that “break” I just sat in my chair all afternoon

1 Like

My mom always said there’s a time and place for everything- and that’s college.

5 Likes

As a Boilermaker, I want to say Ann Arbor is a whore…

But as a mycologist and psychonaut, congrats Ann Arbor!

5 Likes

What do you mean new? I had a coworker (lovely human who makes/made rather questionable decisions) who would dab DMT in the parking lot before coming in first thing in the morning. He’d do it again at lunch, and then he would do it again immediately before driving home. Dude was struggling with some real demons.

Not sure it helped him as much as it could have the way he used it, and I fervently oppose the use of intoxicants in any form before driving. When he started posting IG stories with him dabbing it while driving, the group rallied to help slow his roll.

Super stoked to see the barriers for psychedelics fall across the nation. Each city decriminalizing is one step closer to national legalization (Oregon is working for the whole state, and Eugene has a measure to allow therpeutic use on the ballot in November).

Be safe when consuming (Jeez! I know Mom!), and don’t forget to enjoy the ride. How we get there is almost more important than where we’re going.

8 Likes

Wow holy crap. I can’t even imagine how that would work. How did he manage?

1 Like

At that point in time, not well. Not well at all. It was scary. He’s doing much better now, I’m happy to report.

2 Likes

I mean like how did he avoid crashing his car?

We’re all still learning here. We’ll call it “college” haha

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not condoning any of that behavior at all. Maybe a small puff of a pen that makes you feel fuzzy.

2 Likes