... and the solvent in the tube goes round and round

Anybody ever going make a centrifuge for butane lol? You could use that spray wash technique.

7 Likes

I ran butane treu A fuge at cryo temps
And I really think it s a option
I recomend a hyperbaric room to work in and a closed loop fuge would be king

5 Likes

One of the people from the Curian team told me they ran butane in a ACE once.

5 Likes

At cryo temps I don t see why not
The biggest isseu I encoutered was the unloading and where to leave the saturated bag of biomass quiete amazing how larger evaporation area biomass is

3 Likes

Ive been asking for one for awhile nowā€¦

3 Likes

I can only imagine the off gassingā€¦ Shitā€¦ That would be the issue, if there was one to pick
(Stupid thought, but could you use pressure with N2 to push the butane out of the biomass?) Probably need a special pressure fuge, or something?

1 Like

Canā€™t a truly hermetic, high pressure centrifuge be made thst can handle LPG?

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad to see my thoughts are in the right place, according to your statement. The pressure?

Everytime i Google a butane centrifuge it comes up with uranium and Iran lol

11 Likes

Seems like, if you could make a fuge that can handle say 200 psi, you could run warm butane, and if you pull with a compressor while spinning it should just evaporate right off and hopefully youā€™d lose almosy nothing.

4 Likes

N2 will not suffice to get the biomass dry. You need the fuge

3 Likes

Wow though. Butane centrifugeā€¦ now were talking

5 Likes

The losses with a fuge and cryo butane are well within margin 3-5% per run
The time saving compensates that big time
But yes a closed loop system is no luxury
I did not panic but I have abboarded the concept for now
Although cold (walk-in freezer) and no (less than 1.6% oxigen make it possible
Takes a lot of N2 to purge the walk inn to around 1%
You have to be inside the walk inn when purging with N2 takes forever and it s cold :cry:

6 Likes

Delta played with the idea of doing a butane centrifuge and I think tried it but for some reason gave up on the idea.

I think the hardest part to overcome would be the roatery seal at pressure. I know a couple companyā€™s offer solutions for low speed, no clue for high speed.

Heating the fuge to drive out all the residuals after a nitro press wouldnā€™t be hard.

1 Like

Thereā€™s decanters with pressure ratings in the 100s or 1000s. Never seen a basket type like that though.

3 Likes

Hermetic motor: put the motor in the enclosure just like they do with refrigerant compressors. Double bonus if you use air for it

5 Likes

There you go!

1 Like

Coils?

And so eloquently implementedā€¦

2 Likes

I appreciate you fielding the questions folks may have about this @cyclopath! It appears there are actually several different topics occurring simultaneously in this thread, so I donā€™t really know what I can contribute besides ā€œYeah! What he said!ā€ :sweat_smile: