... and the solvent in the tube goes round and round

seems like folks throwing 25lb of 70:30 at a 6x48 column are leaving cannabinoids on the table (nope; no search query, but the data is here).

but evaporating 3x as much solvent to get yields up takes rethinking the recovery process or 3x as long…and most don’t take the trouble.

so how about using the same strategy the CO2 and Ethanol (at least them what grok) folks do and send the same solvent over the biomass repeatedly?

what if we grabbed (say) @indofab’s recirculated CRC and swapped biomass in for the magic dirt? why do a hr soak to get your yield up when a 10min recirculation does a better job?

22 Likes

id imagine at some point your recirculated solvent is gonna be warmer than the initial run…not to mention you probably gonna have to heat up the actual oil several times to recirculate.

3 Likes

…and now I’m gonna start something with @Killa12345 so we can et this moved into the echo chamber quick smart :shushing_face:

14 Likes

stop… 6x48" column. 8.5-10lbs. why not just send 45-50lbs of solvent 1 time threw it

3 Likes

nope. liquid pump. chilled jacketed column. from bottom of column through pump, back in the top.

cause “dude, I’m getting 1lb/min…”

6 Likes

does the sticky oil/solvent mix have any effect on the liquid pump??

2 Likes

I have a solution to this… but I’m contractually bound to not talk about it. :frowning:

6 Likes

I thought 10:1 was standard…

3 Likes

maybe with crc… i think 5:1 is more than sufficient with no magic powders…

3 Likes

10:1 will get you (most of) the goods.

5:1 lets you us a 125lb (fuckers call it 250lb) tank to get the job done, but leaves goods behind. as I said, the data is here. folks are running that way.

recirculation works well with other solvents.

4 Likes

it gets acceptable color…but yields are below 90%

edit: can’t you read?

1 Like

in your example of 25lbs over a 6x48 is like 2.5:1 and not nearly suffcient…

what did i misread??

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

ive rather extracted for color and taste then get the whole pie. Call that gods cut!

7 Likes

packed in socks I’m seeing 20-22lb to 100lb solvent.

4 Likes

Run it 2x. Once with propane and once with a butane soak.

10 Likes

I hear sonication will speed up your extraction process 4 fold

3 Likes

you do you…

if I wanna go in circles I’ll go in circles.

10 Likes

A bottom fill loop would be pretty dope

1 Like

I would say run the secondary solvent many times. Run once normal then recover. Then take another amount of solvent and re-extract the material. Then set aside that material/solvent mixture to do the same thing with it on the next batch

2 Likes