... and the solvent in the tube goes round and round

you do you…

if I wanna go in circles I’ll go in circles.

10 Likes

A bottom fill loop would be pretty dope

1 Like

I would say run the secondary solvent many times. Run once normal then recover. Then take another amount of solvent and re-extract the material. Then set aside that material/solvent mixture to do the same thing with it on the next batch

2 Likes

put it on a crank and pedal it like a bike! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

a closed loop “fuck-it bucket” is an interesting thought

3 Likes

It works. Definitely works. Works great with heavy alkanes and alcohols. The solution to the heating problem is of course to put a heat exchanger to a chiller after the pump discharge. Haven’t ever tried it with light alkanes

See here: Help setting up a higher output extraction station - #21 by SidViscous

3 Likes

How do you sonicate an LPG extraction system in a C1D1 environment?

5 Likes

at 5:1, do you think we’re close enough to the saturation point that this is required?

flowing 5lb a min for 10 min would give me 50lb solvent over 5lb of material.

should one not expect that flowing 10lb a min for 5 min would give a better yield than soaking with 25lb for 10?

3 Likes

didn’t @Graywolf suggest something along those lines?

5 Likes

P&ID is crude, but something like this essentially?

5 Likes

See this thread! :roll_eyes: :thinking: :kissing:

https://future4200.com/t/whats-this-i-hear-about-asme-stamps/127498/424

1 Like

ive always run alot of tane over a small column and still get returns after re running = 10 grams per lb maybe? But its for a gummy bear and I dont like waste. If i see trichs under a scope ill rerun it.

1 Like

I mean if you really want to get technical how are you even going to hook up a pump in a c1d1 when you can’t change anything on the system here in CA

You mean like, a compressor, or a vacuum pump?

This

that could be approximated by connecting the exit of column one to the inlet of column two, two to three, three to four, four to one… which allows as many “re-extractions”.

I did give someone the ability to play that particular game. they gave me permission to remove that capability. so Im guessing it was more trouble than it was worth…

pretty sure they didn’t keep the “first cut” separate, but let’s be honest, it would have been identical to “all of it” as currently run.

Well, that’s why I had to get something equivalent to ETS in MI. They are certified to be used with a Corket T91. So, no alterations are necessary. Same with the PIAB.

2 Likes

Funny. That’s how those first bhogarts with the manifold worked, recycling liquid back thru the columns. I never really saw much of an increased yield

3 Likes

from one column to the next?

then not seeing a decrease in yield might be data.

1 Like

sounds like you need a butane falling film evaporator

8 Likes