Anatomy of a Vape Cart

So I have these 3 carts and they all present me with the same issue. When I pull I just suck air, no vape action anymore. I use a cheap Cru vape pen that’s fairly new still.
Since I don’t know what the inside of a cart looks like I would like to ask you guys and gals if this is a commom issue and how one may go about fixing it. I heated all the carts with a hair dryer to get the juices flowwing again but that didn’t do the trick.
These are my last 3 carts and my restocking trip to the US in April is obviously delayed so I would be very happy if I could get these to work somehow. Any ideas?

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-31 at 13.59.21|434x500

Thanks!

Bad battery yo. Mine broke yesterday, same same.

2 Likes

I bet it’s your battery

Thanks for your feedback!
Interesting. I would have thought something in the cart was clogged maybe but I will get a new battery and see if that’s it. The current Cru branded battery was only turned on approx 30 times, that’s why I didn’t consider it being the culprit. I realize it’s a $3 chinese battery but I would expect it to last longer…

It’s the common denominator, no way
3 carts quit on u at once

$3 is way too cheap. totally the battery. spend a little more money get a nice one. I’d recommend a Vuber.

Try a battery with a preheat function. Pull hard while heating. Autos are tough to unclog because they won’t heat up without air flow. A button bypasses this issue.

Did any of them leak onto the battery threads? I’ve had two carts shit the bed when the first one leaked and gunked up the second one. I haven’t had issues like this in years though so it’s tough to say. I pretty much exclusively use Jupiter CCell carts with their autodraw pen (comes free at the dispensary so it’s all I use). I refuse to use any generic hardware anymore. Just isn’t worth the hassle

Hijacking with a dif question.

Whats up with the oil clot needing a suck out that happens sometimes? Ive got a top flow cart that seems prone to it.

2mm inlets?

Any chance are you refilling or overfilling the cart a little?

Before u throw away any cart do 3 things first. Clean the contact on battery and vape.

Next ur battery probably is pushing the pin of the cart up as u screw it on to tight with wrong battery.

take ur finger nail or something and barely pry the center of the cart down some(the contact that touches the battery) The battery will now make contact and work…
remember pull to hard on center piece and you must it up for good.jsut barely up a frog hair

Work every time. Some batteries tighten down to much pushing the contact plate down to far

6 Likes

Is a frog hair smaller or larger than a human hair? I would recommend maybe a wooden tooth pic for moving that pin down they r pretty forgiving :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I like to take my fingernail and hold it on the ridge of the pin at almost a 45 degree angle and spin the cart. Or pry up from different sides rotating like you’re changing a car tire. This ensures to pull it up evenly.

Most batteries have a pin that fits inside the ground of the cartridge. But in the case it doesn’t as long as the pin is slightly past the end of the ground it will touch.

Clean your contacts with iso because this is a marjorly overlooked culprit IMO. Might not even look like anything is dirty but a thin film of distillate will resist flow.

2 Likes

cannabinoid based jar sealant; also works as a water resistant electrical insulator…

5 Likes

I pried and cleaned and still nothing so I just went to the Vape Shop and bought a new mod. This mod starts at 5W of power. What wattage do these carts usually perform best at? I’m concerned that 5W may already be too much> Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

5-8w on a mod is typically what I use

2 Likes

Thanks. Do you generally use the same setings for CBD and THC vapes? I guess different coils like different voltage but what about the oils? Does a straight CBD vape like different settings than a THC vape in your experience?

I can’t speak for CBD cartridges as I’ve never tried one.

In my opinion, 6.5 W gives the best flavor performance for THC vapes on CCELL hardware.

*Edit: Fixed spelling error