Alumicel A, N, B High Purity Chromatography Grade Activated Alumina

Is that illegal now…

1 Like

Nope, not you might not be shopping the right person. I might be able to assist you.

1 Like

I would love that lets chat chat chat

Hello Ms. @Sidco_Cat , you have samples of this media?

Email me a compelling case for sending you media. Are you doing research? New customer? Willing to share your results?

Pitch me: Catherine.sidman@carbonchemistry.con

5 Likes

@ApisLabs gave me a sample of alumicel a to try. my understanding is the lower ph helps with crystallization. maybe there is other factors as well. i used it with a few different media’s. alumicel a with lustermax and @Killa12345 silica 60 has been giving me wonderful results i use it at a 1(lm):1(aa):1/2(s60) all mixed together. it seems like i’ll have micro crystals fall out of solution almost immediately and my crystal growth has been about a week still. start of crystal formation seems to be faster. thank for the sample again i plan on buying more

3 Likes

I experience faster crystallization with acidic bentonite clays, and I use a .22u cartridge as my last resort filtration.

I don’t think it’s fines that encourage the crystallization, if that’s what you mean. I’ve always understood it to be related to the media being acid activated… but I’m ignorant.

3 Likes

Alumicel is alumina designed for chromatography operations and pH adjusted before hand for tunable reactions/separations. It’s a great material for pH adjustment, anthocyanin adjustment, pesticide remediation prep, conversion/conversion prep, CRC operations, etc

1 Like

You can dig up the paper on your own, but cannabinoids crystallize faster/better in a mildly acidic environment. That said, alumicel both helps absorb contaminants, which also speeds up crystallization, but is also pH adjusted to a mild acidity or alkalinity.

3 Likes

When I did alumina chromatography the column got so hot it was scary

1 Like

@TRIPPIE Out of curiosity what was you solvent mixture?

1 Like

Pentane/ crude

2 Likes

@Waxplug1 has mentioned having a CRC column heat up in the past. I wonder if it’s related!

@Shadownaught What advantages should I expect from Alumicel over… say acid activated bentonite clay? I imagine they’re similar in price, although I get the feeling that Alumincel is more… engineered than say the activated alumina I have a jar of from chemtek?

I’m ignorant as fuck, so I’m trying to fill in some of the gaps in my knowledge.

2 Likes

I’d assume water adsorption?

2 Likes

Alumicel is Alumina that is great for treating oil for polar compounds and colloidal lipids. Because Carbon offers pH adjusted Alumina you get the ability to modify the pH of your process with a physical media that can be filtered out. Alumicel A is a gentle acidity that can help cannabinoids crystallize quicker, but my favorite feature is using it like silica but easier to handle.

I was talking about using Alumina on steam distilled terps on another thread. Alumina does great work brightening terp profiles in that environment.

Alumicel is great to use in combination with clays and other filtration products.

2 Likes

Yes its an exothermic reaction with water

2 Likes

Another question! I appreciate you devoting time to my simplistic questions.

How would you compare Alumicel with your T5 and T41?

1 Like

No problem at all, that’s what we’re here.

Clays and oxides have unique properties, like surface geometry and charge. If I had to compare them I’d say that both T5 and T41 hold more contaminant, including heavy metals. The acidity of Alumicel A can give you some color remediation properties of T41. Alumicel can help T5 pick up more metals too, as alumina is sometimes used to remove arsenic from water.

4 Likes

Acid step? Hmm…
must be hard to think that through…

anyways…u r getting there…

What’s it like to be so intelligent, but so bad at communicating?

It’s kind of ironic, if not outright heartbreaking.

@moronnabis