Alumicel A, N, B High Purity Chromatography Grade Activated Alumina

When I did alumina chromatography the column got so hot it was scary

1 Like

@TRIPPIE Out of curiosity what was you solvent mixture?

1 Like

Pentane/ crude

2 Likes

@Waxplug1 has mentioned having a CRC column heat up in the past. I wonder if it’s related!

@Shadownaught What advantages should I expect from Alumicel over… say acid activated bentonite clay? I imagine they’re similar in price, although I get the feeling that Alumincel is more… engineered than say the activated alumina I have a jar of from chemtek?

I’m ignorant as fuck, so I’m trying to fill in some of the gaps in my knowledge.

2 Likes

I’d assume water adsorption?

2 Likes

Alumicel is Alumina that is great for treating oil for polar compounds and colloidal lipids. Because Carbon offers pH adjusted Alumina you get the ability to modify the pH of your process with a physical media that can be filtered out. Alumicel A is a gentle acidity that can help cannabinoids crystallize quicker, but my favorite feature is using it like silica but easier to handle.

I was talking about using Alumina on steam distilled terps on another thread. Alumina does great work brightening terp profiles in that environment.

Alumicel is great to use in combination with clays and other filtration products.

2 Likes

Yes its an exothermic reaction with water

2 Likes

Another question! I appreciate you devoting time to my simplistic questions.

How would you compare Alumicel with your T5 and T41?

1 Like

No problem at all, that’s what we’re here.

Clays and oxides have unique properties, like surface geometry and charge. If I had to compare them I’d say that both T5 and T41 hold more contaminant, including heavy metals. The acidity of Alumicel A can give you some color remediation properties of T41. Alumicel can help T5 pick up more metals too, as alumina is sometimes used to remove arsenic from water.

4 Likes

Acid step? Hmm…
must be hard to think that through…

anyways…u r getting there…

What’s it like to be so intelligent, but so bad at communicating?

It’s kind of ironic, if not outright heartbreaking.

@moronnabis