Akoyeh Hot Sauce Fundraiser

Let’s start the next round of fundraising for a member in need to do whatever it is they need to do but can’t due to lack of funds.

Who’s next?

I heard talk of @Akoyeh and a hot sauce company?

Someone else wanted to start a grow, someone else a tissue culture lab.

18 Likes

Get a certain member legal representation for their industry woes

11 Likes

Farm and spicy foods company, to be more precise. Funny enough I’m about to finally have the meeting to secure my 2 acres and potentially get some investment capital.

I’ve funded this venture so far with the $300 a week I get from unemployment. Thankfully, I can (literally) eat my personal investment if anything falls through. Haha

Thanks for thinking of me! I really appreciate it. Not sure I’m ready to dive into the fundraiser, but after this meeting I may change my mind. :rofl:

23 Likes

Imagine if all you could eat was peppers. ((◍•ᴗ•◍):heart: Praying for your anus should everything fail my friend.
What is the cottage food law in your neck of the wood?

9 Likes

Who’s this certain member? Sorry for not being in the know…

1 Like

pdx is prolly sho is being referenced

4 Likes

@pdxcanna

9 Likes

I have enough money to deal with this for the time being(luckily, I don’t have to worry about it’s origin), I appreciate the thoughts though

18 Likes

I need a commercial kitchen. Already looked into it. Thankfully, there are two such kitchens near me that rent space (one already rents to another hotsauce company). Some of the foods I make are passable from my home kitchen, but it pays dividends to do it right the first time, even if it’s more expensive.

Also, I have more than just peppers. Everything from kale to winter squash is going in the ground. Peppers just make up the greatest volume (by a significant amount).

Edit: also have an in with two copacking companies, which eliminates me being in the kitchen at all…

11 Likes

Your local health inspector can certify your home kitchen

6 Likes

Oh man use fivrr to find someone to make logo for the low and use a co packer. Put that shit on amazon or something. Im sure you know people collect hot sauce bottles because they look cool. Hell yeah man :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Let’s get that group tissue culture lab started. We got enough folks that interested. Just need a solid plan.

8 Likes

How does a “group” TC lab work? There’s not that much to them. Laminar flow good, small autoclave, a used incubator and some consumables. Maybe $5k total could do it

7 Likes

Come set one up my g

Titty bar is on me

6 Likes

That would require time off lol but I could probably provide the shopping list/eBay links and the SOPs we pulled off the internet that worked alright for us.

9 Likes

You are a god amongst men sir :pray:t3:

6 Likes

Disclaimer: we built 5000 sqft of cleanroom to do TC in and then ended up macro cloning because we didn’t realize how many cuttings we’d get during the normal course of training (yay dwc). We did successfully grow probably 10 explants of the 3-400 we started but it was only about a week of messing around and none of us had ever done TC before. 95% of the thing is keeping everything clean.

Start with one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baker-Biochemgard-BC-4-Class-II-B2-Laminar-Flow-4-Bio-Fume-Hood-Safety-Cabinet/233708253874?hash=item366a18f2b2%3Ag%3AuOEAAOSwBMhfWPWF&LH_ItemCondition=4

Budget another $1000 for a replacement filter.

Then one of these to put the explants in:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conviron-TC16-Upright-Plant-Growth-Environmental-Chamber-Incubator/233573206731?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item36620c4acb:g:mdwAAOSw6flezCkL&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%252Fn%252BzU5L90Z278x5ickkai8xCwosGKpC0NWj85e%252FB7qFtPhyse0ClB6dbijJLioXI%252FhRq81y2RWX4BNeVOAJpedG81QqIYTjz7MejmngHkeHWo7qvEclyvCG2n%252F4EDQsQXvLEeSn8fARYsfJNWmAj7sJug4vlfJQfFEHYjKEvCTzX4HMUzxLc3xcr2AxYop91Z6O%252BYqJs1dMfe8JGTFS%252BeP%252BFsPcORHpk1bJjmu5e4viUVkuPAd%252BNeg%252BKpsH9dhKdA8fbG4Wddnq0J%252B1w3oruTTH5glCAH4H3cMcotRAh7unt%252BesSQK7Ag3AdjL7f1aF7QUFGN6FrfdVC0j1rJowOVN3XDickMRX2iaM2qC92DXhz6qOcnix2g2TVqaHofLR%252FSj5onhmt5bNNrOOPMWNaTOctjW056Hl7UjrG96OUw4AAQBfuaSTKobJ9HgxneLtuzDygZUoJJ7nqvImxtuyKuz6cZcgJu0%252F%252FbG2r8w3uKVntoIRz0ed82pJf6PPXGNX3TTKj8wnYYBfqQkXMQL7FT8nar4VgYiPEMr35r0TSXGSzctrwt0%252FLRVwCRHKp7EM7sv8iA97s38Z8rfwU9PpuUSo0jUrycK9vUGuJjxDfbuYyvyLGeF1mxNK47Z%252BhG%252FuR4u3FRkiWs7CI8iomTvOrn4B8ef4YsQa6B0my2CevHXBOqUWh5rgoJow%252FUm0taU0JzjX%252BdKTXAOXpvU%252FckAxfXifPhANLUV4zFZc9h09zSHcxKrk5sMOIASBMeyT%252BrsvmAGuBkcgpgIltd9SpSvLK2GPC%252F8sjWhgu1fHSOAJulIBznhTlaj2U0bGDuN3jZ4%253D|cksum%3A2335732067317ed0fe0929a94e02aa961f550bc94dbb|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2334524

Find a cheap autoclave that will fit a rack of culture tubes and/or a few 500ml autoclave bottles in it. You’ll need a mini fridge to store the PGRs in.

Scalpel handles and good long forceps, autoclave pouches, and a few dental trays are necessary. A hot plate/stirrer as well to mix the media. A few pills and beakers. 10ml and 20ul pipetters. A half decent balance. An ultrasonic bath (HF) to sonicate the explants with hypochlorite to sterilize.

For media, we used MS basal salt with IBA and kinetin.

Then it’s basically sterilize everything; mix/autoclave the media (add the PGR after the autoclave obviously); bring some tissue into the hood; sonicate in hypochlorite for 10s, then rinse 6 times with autoclaved water; cut to 1.5mm explants and drop them in tubes filled with media.

It’s a cake walk compared to most of the extraction procedures here and the benefit is that if you fuck up, only the explants die lol

Edit: Oh yeah, we messed with pH buffers and found them unnecessary but again, didn’t make it all that far.

15 Likes

I have an artist (one of my tattoo artists) doing the logo design. Fiver is good, but my artist is better, and I know what I’m getting will be what I really want. Haha. I have another graphic artist ready to jump in on packaging and sell sheets, too. My investor (maybe silent partner) also has a web and marketing guy ready when products are, so it looks like the cards are all falling into place. Better late than never.

Looks like I’m gonna be busy this summer. Feels good to have finally made some forward motion on this venture (outside of the 3000 plants in my office/guest room that until today had not officially secured land to call home).

10 Likes

Fivrr rocks!

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like