Air Tight Leak Proof Lids

Hi friends,

I have had so many issues with keeping a seal tight on a jar when cold curing and while also curing with heat. There is nothing more disappointing than pressing some fuego and then putting it in a jar that isn’t completely sealed to cure. Does anyone have a recommendation on what types of jars to use other than ball and choice? I’ve even tried parafilming the jars before placing the lid on them!

Tri clamp vessel?

8 Likes

If your ball jars are leaking, you need better jars

Mine hold pressure.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Burp-Lids-LLC/dp/B07W7WF154/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=215Z2ALY5BYSG&keywords=burp+lids&qid=1640656333&sprefix=burp+lids%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRDI2SENUUTdZMFEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4OTQzMTNLWUtaRjZWUkVLVlkmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDgzNTQ2NTI5Q01KNjhYTjlISTImd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
Maybe this helps?

1 Like

I get a lot of issues from them, too. What I do to make sure shit is good is just always use a new one if I’m pressing some fire then suuuuper carefully make sure i flat-palm the lid rim while I slowly screw it on. Once i feel the pa-pop pa-pop when i press the top i know it’s good.

But my favorites are the kerr 8oz widemouth jars

3 Likes

Just yesterday at the grocery store I saw a new “leak proof lid” from ball. I should have grabbed a pack.

2 Likes

Yoooo definitely going to check these out! thank you for your recommendations!

1 Like

What benefit do you see from curing rosin? Or any extract for that matter.

Put the jars inside a 12” pot and seal it

2 Likes

2 Likes

The reasons for why you age wine don’t translate to cannabis extracts.

There’s obviously benefits to curing tobacco leaf or cannabis flower but the reason for curing these has more to do with the making the plant material smoke better and less to do with maturing the flavor.

2 Likes

Why not? I shouldn’t try aging these HTE extracts? They smell really good. I’m curious to what the terpene analysis will show after some age compared to what it shows right now

3 Likes

Polymerization of tannins is responsible for the change in taste from aging wine.

Polymerization of terpenes will probably just make compounds similar to squalene. No doubt it’d affect the taste, but I’m not sure it would be for the better.

5 Likes

I don’t imagine a 5 year old HTE is gonna be very tasty, but I’ve been wrong before🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

I think any kind of curing process that causes the terpenes to polymerize would probably take far too long. A cure time of two weeks shouldn’t cause any noticeable change in taste due to formation of polymers, but it will probably be enough time for the more delicate notes to leave the extract.

2 Likes

These terps got thick af from being stored for like 3 years. Used to be water colored too.

Still smells like jack Herer tho

6 Likes

Second this.

its not curing its storage.

i think i got the same terps in my freezer

ask jc, I gave him some from around 2018/ im sure it wasnt super terpy but im not a great judge. I found it in the fridge when it broke and i had to dig everything out. It had big diamonds and smelled fine but I am no judge of concentrates since i barely smoke it.