Air cleaner

Hey guys I just ordered a Aerus ap500 to clean the air in my grow room, they are similar to the innovative solutions pro guard. But a bit cheaper.
They are supposed to kill all mold and mildew spores in the air and on surfaces.
And also greatly reduce vocal.

Edit See further down.

2 Likes

a combination of ion generation and . . . UV light and photocatalyst target . . . up to 500 square feet.

So this will treat roughly a 20x20’ grow room. Very cool for an all-in-one little unit!

2 Likes

Yes same as the pro guard, if this works as good as its supposed to I will be outfitting every room in my facility with one, they are much better then a regular uv system since the bacteria doesn’t need to pass through the unit to be killed.

4 Likes

Check out Doterra ultra sonic diffusers, they’ll treat 250sqft per unit, they run for 8 hrs, also helps humidity, but they spit out at .3 micron, then paid it with the OnGuard oil from them & a cedar & peppermint oil as well. You’ll remediate any mold, mildew, pest, & will give a continuous ipm to your plants & air quality. I’ve seen this exact setup remediate black mold in under two weeks time.

5 Likes

This unit is supposed to clean a 500sq ft room in 7 hours.

2 Likes

Merv 8, carbon filter rack, and a UV light inside the AHU sounds like the “frugal” man’s version of this. How much did it run you?

2 Likes

I got it for 800$ Canadian, I was going to do like you said but the air needs to pass through to clean it, these units work a bit different, it sounds like magic but they send out these charged ions I think they are called that attack mold and mildew in the air and on surfaces.

3 Likes

These are more pushed for cannabis, what I see it’s similar technologies with green tax added.
https://innovative-solutions.org/eliminate-all-types-of-pathogens-organically/

1 Like

Ok so I got an aerus and a proguard unit, I’m 100% sold on the pro guard. The aerus reduced my vocs by maybe 20% max. Now the pro guard reduced my vocs in my flower room that it only smells like a veg room now, so basically no stink.
So I can imagine it’s also doing a better job of cleaning all of the bacteria also.

Bottom line don’t buy an aerus, I got mislead by the salesman saying they are good for 500sq ft, yes they are of home or office but not grow space. The pro guard dxmini I got is for 250sqft grow space but will cover 1200sqft home space.

5 Likes

the thing about mildew and mold= thy are prevalent in any environment. cleaning it is kinda futile like wearing a mask to avoid a virus= We are the Borg - YouTube so its always there but if you keep the plants halthy and dont do big temp swings the borg moves to another plant/planet.

2 Likes

Do you notice any evidence of ozone or other oxidizer with the proguard? I’ve been looking in to options to remove some ethylene from trim/dry/cure areas and the proguard has come up. I’m just scared that it may emit ozone or some other oxidizer that will wreck terpenes.

6 Likes

This the unit they sell as the dxm mini is this exact unit. What I have gathered Mike at innovative prices are the same.
It says less than .05ppm ozone.

Well I was interested until I seen these words…

Yes some of them do emit ozone but these aren’t supposed to, the unit I have says it’s recommended for daycares and nursing homes so the ozone must be at a safe level.

Here’s the answer I got from Mike, The main technology is a photocatalytic process that creates an ionized H2O2 vapor. That photocatalytic process uses a UV bulb and a byproduct of the bulb is a small and safe amount of Ozone.

I have a feeling theres a covid tax, id research the unit and not buy based on claims of cleaning air,

6 Likes

What did we find out about these units? Any good?

Hydrobuilder

Yes I know about that one. I was wondering about the others that these guys were talking about?

This one?

Same brand just have to select the “mini”

They’re excellent. Won’t operate a room without these going forward

Yeah I was talking about same product different makers. For instance. Cleanair. Has one. Greenwich has one. Alone with the ones up in the post.