Agilent 1100 series repairs & maintenance

Was wondering if someone located in Los Angeles, Ca (dtla area) could come down to my facility and help with some repairs/maintenance on our Agilent 1100 series HPLC. Paid obviously! :+1::pray:

Please DM if interested and for more information. Not interested in remote support. Been at it for a while and just need it done and over with. :pray:

Thanks Fam!

1 Like

Agilent will probably come and do this work - and bring the parts - and make sure your instrument actually works when they leave.

They have great techs. If you don’t find anyone else - ask the experts. :slight_smile: Good luck.

4 Likes

I appreciate the response, @Cassin. I went ahead and emailed agilent, see what they can do.

Should anyone have the time and want to make some side cash, the machine works, just need to repair degasser and find some internal leak(s) and get the bubbles out of the injection assembly of the autosampler. :confounded:

1 Like

I can’t help with the degasser - but the other stuff is pretty basic, I bet your team can do it on site.

Most leaks are from ferreles or bends in the tubing, sometimes from tubing being the wrong kind for the fitting - for instance you’ve got plastic connected with stainless steel fittings - those don’t always work together. You could just replace them and fix that pretty easy.

For the bubbles in the autosampler - just increase the flow of the mobile phase until the bubbles move through. You can do this without the even having this screwed in and then reconnect to the injection assembly. And there’s a nice purge valve on the 1100 that should help with this.

There’s a bit of a bend on that plastic tubing - I always try to have a nice loop so there’s not as much stress on the connections. Helps with the leaks most of the time.

I’m not available to come to California just now - so I can’t help on site. Hope you find someone if Agilent is not available.

I’m open to discuss via DMs if you want to talk through the processes to do these simple things.

–Cass

2 Likes

I have the exact same unit! My degasser went out as well not too long ago! called agilent they told me 3k for a swap out (fuck that)

So now I have my mobile phase sitting in the sonicator. Will just degas it for half an hour and I’m good to go! back pressure values are the same from when my degasser was working

no retention time shift, well under a percent. also r^2 for all my cannbinoids damn near 0.9999.

if sonication isn’t enough for your application lemme know i got a couple of other tricks.

2 Likes

We still have this 1100 for sale if interested. ~ 10K

https://future4200.com/t/equipment-sale-hplc-centrifuge-chiller-water-heater-jacketed-vessal-heat-exchanger/135107