Advice on the best flower shredders to fill prerolls

Hi everyone!

We want to buy a machine to shred slightly dirty batches of small flowers (batches containing some internal branches, and some leaves, trim & loose branches in a proportion of max 5%). We want to use the result of the shredding to fill pre-rolls and maybe low-cost shake bags. We would like to be able to shred between 20 and 100 pounds per hour, not much more and on an occasional basis (just a few hours per week).

For a small budget, it seemed to us that whip shredders (such as High-Tech Shredder and Futurola) were the most accessible.

We have seen that two options exist from these manufacturers: the classic shredders (110 Cup Shredder (3Lb)) and the shredders with integrated sifter (costing almost double: Shred Sifter).

If any of you have experience with these pieces of equipment and are willing to share it, that would be super helpful to us. Specifically, we would like to know:

• if these models are really satisfactory, or if others in the same price range are more adequate?
  • if in your opinion the shredder+sifter really brings an important added value? At first sight, for a few hours of use per week, it seemed to us that simply sifting the products separately from the classic shredder would be equivalent. Since it seemed to us that anyway, with the shredder+sifter, the recovery of the straws in the cylinder would be time consuming…

Thanks in advance to those who will answer!

Botanicalz

Neither necessarily answer your question, but rabbit holes can be fun like that…

Biomass Grinding at various scales?

Beating the "shred" horse

1 Like

Hey @cyclopath,

Thank you for your time! :slight_smile:

Indeed I had read them before posting this topic, but they left me with more new questions than answers

For example, over the forum, I saw some were advocates of hammer mills (probably for other results / uses / volumes). And I haven’t seen any opinions yet that clearly confirm the advantage of plastic whips for my intended use, hence my first question

2 Likes