Advice on Building a new machine switching to passive recovery and large production scale

So 2 mol sieves or can u pipe 2 ins and 2 outs thru one sieve column?

You could use one column for that. You’d need to get lids that had the proper holes and what not.

@Northeastlabs I haven’t used that particular chiller, but I do know someone that does. And when they first used it, they were going straight after their cmep into the tank with no condensing coil. Set point was -80 and held around -75 for recovery.

2 Likes

You could also use a heat exchanger for phase change, using that chiller to power it. And it’d go pretty damn fast. You could manifold the two ½ lines into it and it’d be extremely quick. Faster than two coils, probably. And you wouldn’t need dry ice or consumables

1 Like

Take a look at Bizzy’s use of FFE for hydrocarbon recovery. Way faster thAn the pot still style recovery most are still doing.

1 Like

I’ve been up close to it. Haven’t seen it ran yet.

3 Likes

fastest recovery for me was with 2 mvp pumps and a cmep6000. all pulling from the same vessel and recovering into the same vessel. shit was haulin ass

1 Like

I use to love seeing a 1/2 inch stream going into the tank

2 Likes

10 lbs per minute on dual recovery custom passive hybrid using two TRS21s.

The system is currently designed with open jackets utilizing dry ice. Ever see 10lbs of ice sublimate in one minute? The operators main job is to feed dry ice. I’m currently in the process of developing a more user friendly unit.

10 Likes

What do you have the trs pumps doing?

I use the TRS’s to remove head pressure from the main recovery vessel and push it through coils to two auxiliary solvent tanks (which are also my injection vessels). My passive recovery lines are 1.25” in diameter and my collection vessels run at <5psi @ 90f

13 Likes

That’s pretty fuckin cool.

3 Likes

Thanks man. It’s a beast of a system, but time is money. Along with the hydrocarbon, I also run a 90kw flower room, 10kw mother room and produce disty. Alone…

10 Likes

that sounds dope. , but i like using 1 tank, less lines, less points of failure. i always just bled my tank head pressure back into the evaporation so i could pretty much keep the tank at a steady psi

1 Like

Yes, but if you bleed head pressure into the evaporation loop, you are not increasing efficiency. Your recovery will actually suffer. My recovery vessel will run in a constant vacuum, but the auxiliary tanks will build considerable pressure in preparation for the next injection.

3 Likes

That’s crafty and efficient. You’re going to automate your system? In a perfectly designed system if @AnonymousD was injecting his head pressure at the tip of the highest point of his vapor line this would technically count as a overhead reflux.

@Dred_pirate haha trust me i would be doing exactly what you said and had it down on the work order at first but this is for a job in Canada. Compression tubing will be hard to retrofit at that location. But i adjusted and made sure every turn or bend is met with a 45, 90, or 135 angle to keep it perfectly straight. 1500 for fittings alone and custom manifold. All NPT and JIC connections. 1/2 inch on feed n recovery side. Will be running haskel 420 double pump mod and custom condenser. Was trying to get an idea what the records are and now i don’t have a chance lmao.

That’s not very much in fittings and etc, honestly.

@Killa12345 haven’t you sourced an inexpensive source for compression fittings yet?

And using a compression - JIC adapter would save you money on hoses. It’s honestly worth it.

You would have to spend so much money on pumps to get going as fast as vapors can flow. At that point it would be just to prove a point that it would be capable.

3 Likes

It was very hard to find affordable adapters and my configuration is 4 column rack that will be cycling two columns at a time. No disconnections except the tri clamps biomass switch out. This is Series ran. I don’t feel confident in the compression Install since I’m not their. I already have the fittings priced out if they decide they want to do it when i go up that way. The chillers weren’t an option in this situation Bc of upfront cost and no techs to fix them if they break. I doubt the haskel will go out quickly Bc i unrestricted the vapor path flow for not using the standard coil before the recovery tank. Plus they have s hydraulic store not to far away from them for rebuilds.

I’ll dm you the links to where i had to look for them. It was an order from about 5 sites due to odd end fittings such as cross T swivel and MJIC. Also to add i only had one port for entry in the collection vessel. Took some thinking but i made it work.

It would be nice if we had a standard Bc playing guessing games on previous fitting is no fun.

You made me think. Do they have a inline rotating spool out their? Like a turbo fan inline that’s all mechanical.

It was located about 8inches away from the recovery line.